- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Is Canelo capable of taking the baton from Mayweather to become boxing’s next PPV star?
- Maidana throwing 100 punches per round in training for Mayweather
- Kell Brook’s trainer doesn’t want him to take an easy fight on December 6th
- Deontay Wilder not worried about Stiverne’s power
- Maidana, Santa Cruz & Angulo quotes ahead of "Mayhem: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2"
- Kiwitt Back On Home Soil
- Frankie De Alba Headlines on Saturday, October 4 at Valley Forge Casino & Resort
- Undefeated Mexican Future Stars In WBF Title Fights
- STALKER TO FACE JENKINS IN BRITISH TITLE ELIMINATOR ON MAGNIFICENT SEVEN CARD
- Heavyweight hopeful Otto Wallin returns on August 30
- Philippine Supreme Court issues temporary restraining order in Manny Pacquiao tax case
NABF News – Nov. 15, 2013
November 15, 2013
From NABF President Duane Ford:
I am pleased to announce that since our NABF Convention in Reno, Nevada, in July, the organization has had tremendous growth in its membership. All of the committees are functioning and communicating with each other. Furthermore, we are happy to report that our officials are being used and they are doing a wonderful job in lifting the image and reputation of the NABF.
Being the President of the North American Boxing Federation has been a real learning process, and I could not do it without those great people working around me: Craig Hubble, Mauricio Sulaiman, Ed Pearson, Claude Jackson, Chris Stilson, Jill Diamond, Joanna Aguilar, Bob Yalen, Deborah Hawkins, Paula McLellan and David Sutherland, just to name a few. There are many others who are making the NABF move forward, and we thank each and every one of them.
Notes on forthcoming fights:
· We have sanctioned the Andy Ruiz vs. Tor Hamer fight for the vacant NABF heavyweight title, to be held in Macau, China, on November 23. Laurence Cole has been assigned as the referee, and Craig Hubble will be representing the NABF as supervisor. Thank you, Bob Arum and Top Rank.
· We have sanctioned the Paulie Malignaggi vs. Zab Judah fight for the NABF welterweight title, to be held at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York, on December 7. Thank you, Golden Boy Promotions.
We are happy to announce that the 2014 NABF Convention will be held in Chicago, Illinois, with arrival day on July 2, and departure day on July 6. This will be a wonderful event, highlighted by memories on the water with a yacht dinner cruise by Mystic Blue Cruises on Lake Michigan the evening of the 4th of July, ending with the tremendous fireworks over Lake Michigan.
Details will be released very soon. Please mark your calendars for July 2nd – 6th, 2014, for Chicago.
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Robert Garcia impressed with Algieri’s talent level
- Brandon Rios vs. Ruslan Provodnikov in the works for November
- Alfredo Angulo not worried about September 13th fight against De La Rosa
- Cotto working on selecting his December 13th opponent
- Frampton will beat Kiko Martinez, says Santa Cruz
- Wladimir working with 15 sparring partners to get ready for Pulev