Most Read Articles
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Canelo vs Angulo, Santa Cruz, Rigondeaux, and Tony Weeks!
- Froch-Groves meet at Wembley press conference ahead of rematch - 60,000 tickets gone in an hour!
- Canelo vs. Angulo: We Didn't Learn Anything New
- Will Miguel Cotto vs. Sergio Martinez Decide Canelo's Next Rival?
- Hunter: Angulo was coming on strong against Canelo at time of stoppage
- Cotto vs. Martinez Puerto Rico Press Conference
- Bryant and Santiago set to tangle Friday night at the Hamilton Manor!!
- CANADIAN HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP GEORGE CHUVALO SET FOR 2014 HALL OF FAME WEEKEND
- Friday is time to shine for M-1 Global light heavyweight champion Viktor Nemkov
- WARREN WINS SAUNDERS-BLANDAMURA PURSE BIDS
- Bruno Escalante to defend IBA Super Flyweight Title against Victor Ruiz April 5
- Angel “Memo” Heredia Confirmed for Inaugural Box Fan Expo
Nathan Cleverly Public Work-Out On Aug 3
WBO World Light-Heavyweight Champion Nathan Cleverly will perform a free-to-watch public work-out in the centre of Cardiff’s main shopping high street, Queen Street, on Saturday 3rd August.
The Welsh hero is building towards his massive showdown against the dynamite punching Russian Sergey Kovalev at the Motorpoint Arena on Saturday 17th August in his sixth defence of the title.
It’s the biggest fight of his career as he confronts the so far invincible “Krusher” Kovalev who has destroyed 19 of 21 victims and a unbelievable 18 crushed inside three rounds.
The unbeaten 26-year-old will be put through his paces in an action-packed work-out by his father and trainer Vince to give the fans a glimpse of how preparations are going for the big night.
Also putting on a performance for the fans will be the boxers featuring on the Motorpoint Arena show including British Super-Featherweight Champion Gary Buckland, Commonwealth Light-Heavyweight title Enzo Maccarinelli and Welsh Welterweight title challenger Lewis Rees.
On the day there will also be a fantastic opportunity to win a pair of ringside tickets to the show, a pair of signed Nathan Cleverly gloves, signed fight poster and a photo of the winner with Cleverly and his world title belt.
The details for the work-out are as follows:
When: Saturday 3rd August
What: Boxing work-out display open to the public
Where: Queen Street (Outside Capital shopping centre)
Previous article: International Boxing Federation Africa: Great Achievements
- Canelo stops Angulo in 10th; Santa Cruz defeats Mijares
- Rustam Nugaev and Roman Morales Victorious on ESPN Friday Night Fights
- Disappointment For Marston, Prince Reigns Supreme, Sensational Ozgul Bros roll on
- Hardy & Paddock Claim Titles in Bumper Night of Boxing Action
- Acourtier ‘Warzone’ Event Review
- Thompson Boxing Promotions “New Blood” Results: Carlson Wins WBC Latino 118 lb. Title
- DeGale defeats Khatchikian in a surprisingly competitive fight
- Andre Berto Cleared by Physician for Light Sparring, to Begin Full Contact in Mid-April
- Scouting Report for Saturday’s Adamek-Glazkov Fight on NBCSN Fight Night
- Huck fractures thumb, March 29th show cancelled
- Carl Froch: The Reluctant Warrior
- WBO no.4 rated Maxwell Awuku seeks Mikey Garcia fight
- Canelo vs. Angulo: We Didn’t Learn Anything New
- Will Miguel Cotto vs. Sergio Martinez Decide Canelo’s Next Rival?