Nathan Cleverly Public Work-Out On Aug 3
WBO World Light-Heavyweight Champion Nathan Cleverly will perform a free-to-watch public work-out in the centre of Cardiff’s main shopping high street, Queen Street, on Saturday 3rd August.
The Welsh hero is building towards his massive showdown against the dynamite punching Russian Sergey Kovalev at the Motorpoint Arena on Saturday 17th August in his sixth defence of the title.
It’s the biggest fight of his career as he confronts the so far invincible “Krusher” Kovalev who has destroyed 19 of 21 victims and a unbelievable 18 crushed inside three rounds.
The unbeaten 26-year-old will be put through his paces in an action-packed work-out by his father and trainer Vince to give the fans a glimpse of how preparations are going for the big night.
Also putting on a performance for the fans will be the boxers featuring on the Motorpoint Arena show including British Super-Featherweight Champion Gary Buckland, Commonwealth Light-Heavyweight title Enzo Maccarinelli and Welsh Welterweight title challenger Lewis Rees.
On the day there will also be a fantastic opportunity to win a pair of ringside tickets to the show, a pair of signed Nathan Cleverly gloves, signed fight poster and a photo of the winner with Cleverly and his world title belt.
The details for the work-out are as follows:
When: Saturday 3rd August
What: Boxing work-out display open to the public
Where: Queen Street (Outside Capital shopping centre)
- Malingaggi vs. Judah & Trout vs. Lara: Four highly skilled fighters two 50-50 fights
- Liam Cullen Interview
- Enzo Maccarinelli faces Courtney Fry on Saturday
- Malignaggi eyes Broner rematch as he takes on ‘explosive’ Judah in intense ‘derby
- Rigondeaux vs. Agbeko & Tapia vs. Kirkland: Return of the 122 King and a classic prospect versus vet matchup
- “The Prince and the Pauper” are threatened by loss of identity
- Couzens says “It wont be at my expense”
- Ivan Pereyra Wins WBF Intercontinental Title In Mexico
- Boyd Melson dominates King in Gotham City!
- Broadway Boxing: Melson Beats King, Rosa Handles Wilson Easily
- Australian Boxing: Zac Dunn Stops Marlon Alta in Five
- Jeff Lacy Returns With Third Round Stoppage
- Travis Kauffman dismantles Barnett in the first round
- Nothing Spoiled in Quebec: Stevenson and Kovalev are Victorious