Nev. Boxing Hall of Fame Desginates Charity Beneficiaries
LAS VEGAS, NEV. (July 2, 2013) –The Nevada Boxing Hall of Fame (NVBHOF) will distribute donations to selected charities at its inaugural Induction Ceremony and Banquet, Saturday, August 10, at the Monte Carlo Las Vegas Resort and Casino.
The NVBHOF, in its initial mission statement, announced a twofold purpose:
1. To honor those who have contributed significantly to the growth of boxing in Nevada
2. To raise funds and contribute to “boxing-related” causes
On August 10, at the Monte Carlo, it will do both.
The first-year beneficiaries of NVBHOF donations will be:
· UNLV and University of Nevada collegiate boxing programs, both which are completely funded through donations
· A scholarship grant to one boxer at both UNLV and Nevada
· Barry’s Boxing in Las Vegas, to help in its hosting of National Golden Gloves next year
· Truckee Meadows Boys and Girls Club in Sparks, which has a youth boxing program for kids 8-16
· Retired Boxers Foundation, attending to the needs of former fighters who have fallen on hard times
· A former boxer in need of financial and medical assistance, his identity to be announced at the dinner.
The inaugural NVBHOF Induction Ceremony and Dinner will feature the enshrinement of its first 19 honorees. They were selected from a variety of categories including boxers, trainers, referees, promoters, executives and “special contributors.”
In addition, four Nevada-based boxers will be honored: Nevada’s Male and Female Fighters of the Year, Amateur Fighter, and Prospect of the Year. Remaining tickets can be purchased at the Nevada Boxing Hall of Fame website: www.nvbhof.com.
The Nevada Boxing Hall of Fame is an IRS 501 (c) (3) tax-exempt organization. Ticket sales to its events, purchases from, and donations to the NVBHOF are tax-deductible. Donations can be made by visiting the NVBHOF website: www.nvbhof.com. You can “like” NVBHOF on Facebook (facebook.com/nvbhof) and follow it on Twitter (@nvbhof).
- Beibut Shumenov set to make Golden Boy Promotions debut
- David Price vacates British and Commonwealth titles
- Rigondeaux-Agbeko, Kirkland-Tapia and Macklin-Russ this Saturday on HBO
- Bobby Gunn vs. Glen Johnson for WBU Cruiserweight World Championship Dec 18th
- Tickets available for Sunday’s Ring 8 Holiday Event and Awards Ceremony in NY
- An open letter from Dereck Chisora to Deontay Wilder
- Lara ready to ‘bust up Austin Trout’s mouth’ live on BoxNation
- Australian Boxing: Zac Dunn Stops Marlon Alta in Five
- Jeff Lacy Returns With Third Round Stoppage
- Travis Kauffman dismantles Barnett in the first round
- Nothing Spoiled in Quebec: Stevenson and Kovalev are Victorious
- Adonis Stevenson – Fighter Of The Year for 2013?
- Gaelle Amand And Nikki Adler Victorious In WBF World Title Fights
- Stevenson obliterates Bellew; Kovalev crushes Sillakh