- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Is Canelo capable of taking the baton from Mayweather to become boxing’s next PPV star?
- Maidana throwing 100 punches per round in training for Mayweather
- Deontay Wilder not worried about Stiverne’s power
- Maidana, Santa Cruz & Angulo quotes ahead of "Mayhem: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2"
- Golovkin with chance to become Cotto’s WBC mandatory if he beats Rubio
- Kiwitt Back On Home Soil
- Frankie De Alba Headlines on Saturday, October 4 at Valley Forge Casino & Resort
- Undefeated Mexican Future Stars In WBF Title Fights
- STALKER TO FACE JENKINS IN BRITISH TITLE ELIMINATOR ON MAGNIFICENT SEVEN CARD
- Heavyweight hopeful Otto Wallin returns on August 30
- Philippine Supreme Court issues temporary restraining order in Manny Pacquiao tax case
New Brunswick Prospect Keeping Busy: Brewer Planning a Fight a Month for May-July
Brandon “L-Jack” Brewer (6-0-1, 3KO) of Fredericton, New Brunswick, will be one of the busier fighters in Canada over the next few months. The maritime light middleweight plans to fight once a month for three months beginning in May. “I’m learning new things and improving each and every time I step in the ring,” said Brewer. “I want to stay busy, fight guys with different styles, and continue to mature as a boxer.”
A few Canadian names have been bandied about for Brewer, but nothing is written in stone. “We want Brandon to fight the best in the nation, but when he’s ready. Brandon only had nine amateur fights, so he’s still learning on the job. That being said, he’s learning quickly,” explained trainer Aubrey McLeod. “But we’re in no rush. We’ve had lots of offers, but we’ll stick to our game plan and do things our way.”
Brewer has three fight dates tentatively scheduled. Negotiations are virtually complete for his May 11 contest in Shediac, New Brunswick, with an opponent expected to sign before the end of the week. Plans for a contest on June 15 are also progressing smoothly and should be wrapped up by the end of April. Last but not least, Brewer is expected to face a seasoned American opponent at Shediac’s Festival Arena in July.
About Brandon Brewer: Based in Fredericton, New Brunswick, Brandon Brewer has quickly become one of the most promising light middleweights in Canada. With wins over the very tough Ted Reno (3-5-2), Maritime standout Mike Stauffer (3-1-0, 2KO), and Montreal prospect Glisandy Mejia (3-2-0, 2KO), Brewer is considered a leading contender for the Canadian championship. He is currently ranked #1 by the Canadian Professional Boxing Council and #2 by the National Boxing Authority.
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Ricky Burns looking for 3rd division world title at 140 in 2015
- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Robert Garcia impressed with Algieri’s talent level
- Brandon Rios vs. Ruslan Provodnikov in the works for November
- Alfredo Angulo not worried about September 13th fight against De La Rosa
- Cotto working on selecting his December 13th opponent
- Frampton will beat Kiko Martinez, says Santa Cruz