- Collazo wants Khan on Mayweather-Maidana undercard
- MGM Grand in Las Vegas selected as official site for Mayweather vs. Maidana mega-fight Saturday, May 3 live on Showtime PPV®
- Broner: I'm ready to beat the f*** out of Amir Khan!
- Solis to face Tony Thompson for the WBC international championship on March 22nd
- "TOE TO TOE: CANELO VS. ANGULO" FINAL PRESS CONFERENCE QUOTES
- JOSHUA CLOTTEY heads to Australia for Showdown with ANTHONY MUNDINE on April 2
- Donovan George return to the ring postponed to April 18
- GLORY 14 ZAGREB & ZAGREB SUPERFIGHT SERIES WEIGH-IN RESULTS
- WBC News
- Weights for “Horseshoe Presents: Fight Night at the Belvedere” 3.7.14
- RICKY HATTON UP AGAINST HARRY REDKNAPP AND ALEX FERGUSON
- GB Boxing names 10 seeded boxers to compete in England Boxing’s National Senior Elite Finals
NFN Fight Week Media Schedule – 3 countries, 4 cities, 5 days
Three countries, four cities, five days – there are busy times ahead for the Nordic Fight Night stars prior to the big show in Frederikshavn on September 7. The NFN media tour kicks off in Norway on Monday, September 2, where WBA, WBC & WBO Female Welterweight Champion Cecilia Braekhus, the pound-for-pound number one, catches up with the Norwegian media at the famed Grand Hotel in downtown Oslo. The North Sea Defender Simen Smaadal will also be in attendance to speak about his preparations for his next fight.
While Braekhus returns to Berlin for two more days of training, promoter Nisse Sauerland travels on to Sweden to present the impressive Swedish NFN line-up at a media work-out in Stockholm. On Tuesday, WBC Youth Light Heavyweight Champion Erik Skoglund, who will fight for the EU Light Heavyweight Title later this year, KO king Oscar Ahlin, 2012 London Olympian Anthony Yigit and heavyweight hopeful Otto Wallin will conduct a special training session for the press. Ahlin, Yigit and Wallin will all be in action in Frederikshavn.
The media tour continues in Denmark´s Crowne Plaza Copenhagen Towers Hotel on Wednesday morning (11:00), with WBA Intercontinental Middleweight Champion Patrick Nielsen coming face-to-face with Polish challenger Patrick Majewski for the first time.
On Thursday, the Nordic Fight Night finally hits Frederikshavn. At 11 am, Nielsen and his coach Joey Gamache will visit Nordstjerneskolen, a local school, to reach out to the community. Two hours later, they will be on the podium at the final press conference at Arena Nord. That is where Cecilia Braekhus, and with her, the Norwegian media corps, will meet power-punching WBO Female Light Middleweight Champion Oxandia Castillo for the first time.
On Thursday night, the Nordic Fight Night football Team will then take on Arena Nord´s Dream Team in a rematch of last year´s two-legged competition, which ended in a draw.
The pre-fight activity culminates on Friday when all fighters will weigh in at Det Musiske Hus at 16:00.
“We look forward to a fantastic fight week,” promoter Nisse Sauerland said. “The Nordic Fight Night is an international operation and we´re thrilled to stage media events in Norway, Sweden and Denmark before retuning to Frederikshavn. We have an exciting line-up of fighters, the very best in Scandinavia, and they are ready to take on the world.”
Tickets for the Nordic Fight Night in Frederikshavn are available at www.arenanord.dk. Viasat Denmark, Viasat Norway and Viasat Sweden will all broadcast the September 7 show live.
- Disappointment For Marston, Prince Reigns Supreme, Sensational Ozgul Bros roll on
- Hardy & Paddock Claim Titles in Bumper Night of Boxing Action
- Acourtier ‘Warzone’ Event Review
- Thompson Boxing Promotions “New Blood” Results: Carlson Wins WBC Latino 118 lb. Title
- DeGale defeats Khatchikian in a surprisingly competitive fight
- Chavez Jr. decisions Vera II; Salido beats Lomachenko
- Full Fight Video: Abraham Beats Stieglitz, first defense scheduled for May 31st
- Deontay Wilder vs. Malik Scott: The road to the heavyweight title
- Ricardo Alvarez vs. Sergio Thompson Elevated To Saturday’s SHOWTIME PPV Telecast
- Underdog Angulo to use incarceration to inspire victory over Canelo as trainer Hunter predicts a ‘savage affair’ ahead of clash live on BoxNation
- Stiverne vs. Arreola: Finally a change in the heavyweight scene!
- Hunter confident Khan will get Mayweather fight in the near future
- Hopkins vs. Shumenov on April 19th on Showtime at DC Armory in Washington, D.C
- “TOE TO TOE: CANELO VS. ANGULO” FINAL PRESS CONFERENCE QUOTES