- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Bernard Hopkins Vs. Beibut Shumenov: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Frazer Clarke looking to make history in next week’s England Boxing National Finals
- McDonnell lands dream World title fight at Wembley
- Thompson Boxing Promotions Presents “Loaded” card featuring Efrain Esquivias, Giovani Santillan, & Jose Roman
- “The Fight Game With Jim Lampley” Debuts Saturday, April 19 on HBO
- WSB: Daniel Asenov is the hero of the day
Nielsen back in action as the Nordic Fight Night returns to Albertslund on February 15
Following a hugely successful debut show, the Nordic Fight Night will return to the MusikTeatret, Albertslund on February 15. Local hero Patrick Nielsen (21-0, 10 KOs) will headline an action-packed show that will also feature his younger brother Micki Nielsen (11-0, 9 KOs).
The undefeated WBA & WBO Intercontinental Champion is relishing a return to his hometown arena where he defeated Jose Pinzon (24-6, 15 KOs) in front of a sell-out crowd in November.
”It meant a lot to me to fight in my hometown,” said Nielsen. ”I can’t wait to do it all over again. To look out and see all my family and friends cheering me on gave me a real boost and I am sure it will be the same in February. Pinzon was a tough guy. He hit hard and kept coming forward but I knew if I stuck to the game plan I had worked on with my trainer Joey Gamache I would get him out of there. I am happy that I did.”
An opponent for the 22 year-old middleweight is yet to be announced but Nielsen is confident that he will be up to any challenge that comes his way. ”I am putting the work in, training hard in the gym and listening to all of Joey’s advice. I will be ready for whoever is put in front of me. I am looking forward to starting the year with another big win in front of my home fans.”
Promoter Nisse Sauerland is also looking forward to a return to Albertslund. ”We are delighted to be bringing the Nordic Fight Night back to Albertslund,” said Sauerland. ”The atmosphere inside the MusikTeatret was incredible for the last show and I am sure it is going to be the same on February 15. 2014 is going to be a big year for Patrick as he comes ever closer to a world title shot. What better way to kick it off than with a fight in front of his home crowd?”
As always the Nordic Fight Night will feature an exciting undercard showcasing the very best of Danish, Swedish and Norwegian boxing. Tickets are on sale now and available at billetnet.dk. More information including undercard fighters and opponents will be announced shortly.
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity
- ShoBox: The New Generation Final Weights & Quotes For Friday’s Iron Mike Productions Tripleheader
- Final press conference quotes for “History at the capitol: Bernard Hopkins vs. Beibut Shumenov”
- The British Invader: Steed “The Stallion” Woodall
- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather’s Power
- Maidana doesn’t have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money