Nordic Fight Night hits Kolding on Oct 19 as Skoglund faces Mock for EU Light Heavyweight Title
Team Sauerland is delighted to announce that the Nordic Fight Night will hit Kolding on October 19. Koldinghallerne will host the European Union Light Heavyweight Title fight between undefeated Erik Skoglund (17-0, 9 KOs) and Danish veteran Lolenga Mock (31-13-1, 12 KOs) as well as the all-Danish duel between Kim Poulsen (22-1, 6 KOs) and Puriya Haidari (6-0, 3 KOs). “We are thrilled to finally come to Kolding,” promoter Nisse Sauerland said. “The Nordic Fight Night features the very best of Danish, Swedish and Norwegian boxing and we will put together and exciting card at Koldinghallerne.”
The Nordic Fight Night is a revolutionary project to further boost boxing in Scandinavia.
Staged in venues across Denmark, the shows present the biggest stars and most promising boxing talents, with Viasat Denmark, Viasat Norway and Viasat Sweden broadcasting live, as well as numerous TV channels across the globe. “We will put together an exciting card,” Sauerland added. “We expect a big crowd and lots of great fights.”
It will be youth versus experience as Swedish sensation Erik Skoglund, the 22-year-old WBC Youth Light Heavyweight Champion, takes on experienced Lolenga Mock, with the prestigious EU Title at stake. “This is a huge test for Erik,” Sauerland said. “Mock is a accomplished veteran who has been around the block. The winner will be internationally recognized.”
Said Skoglund: “It feels great to fight for the EU Title. It’s a big step in the right direction. I am ready for it. Mock is a tough opponent and he’s been in the game for a long time. I saw his last fight from this year and it was quite impressive. I have to stay on my toes for 12 rounds but if I can do that I know I have the skills to beat him.”
Said Mock: “This is a good fight. Skoglund is a talented boxer, technically very good, but I will beat him.”
Tickets are available at www.billetten.dk. They can also be purchased directly at Koldinghallerne by phone (76 32 60 00) and email (email@example.com).
- Beard Backs Malinga To Beat Hall For World Crown
- ‘Rocky’ Returns After Two Years Out At Wigan
- Michael Jennings: “Matty can’t think past his next fight”
- Price’s ring-return delayed by virus
- Lionell Thompson plans to destroy Ryan Coyne Saturday in Atlantic City
- Local Stars Triumph In WBF Title Fights
- “Malignaggi, Rigondeaux, Sturm, Lara, Porter, and Kirkland” edition of “The Pugilist KOrner’s: Weekend Wrap”
- Thrill-a-minute slugger James Kirkland is BACK!
- Dazzling Darren Barker fails to weather the Sturm; Post Fight Video Interviews
- Sakio Bika Draws With Anthony Dirrell: Retains WBC 168 lb Strap
- Malignaggi defeats Judah, wants Broner-Maidana winner
- Rigondeaux dominates Agbeko; Macklin defeats Russ; Kirkland stops Tapia
- Malignaggi decisions Judah; Porter defeats Alexander; Lara beats Trout
- Italy 4-1 Germany: Team Deutschland crushed