- Garcia, Salka, Lamont Peterson & More Conference Call Transcript
- SADAM ALI, ANTHONY PETERSON, MARCUS BROWNE AND SEVERAL HOT PROSPECTS TAKE TO THE RING AUG. 9
- LAMONT PETERSON, ANTHONY PETERSON AND D’MITRIUS BALLARD WASHINGTON D.C. MEDIA WORKOUT QUOTES
- MANUEL “TINO” AVILA RETURNS HOME AGAINST UNBEATEN JUNIOR FEATHERWEIGHT SERGIO FRIAS ON FOX SPORTS 1 AND FOX DEPORTES’ GOLDEN BOY LIVE! SERIES FRIDAY, AUGUST 22
- Rod Salka, Edgar Santana & Jarrod Fletcher Relish Chance To Shock The World On Aug. 9 At Barclays Center
- Harley Davidson San Diego to hold Thompson Boxing Promotions “Path to Glory SD Style” Aug. 16
Nothing to lose for Argentina against Kazakhstan
Lausanne, Switzerland, 21 March 2013 – The last match of this quarter-finals’ week-end will see an all-Argentinean squad taking on Group B winners, Astana Arlans Kazakhstan on Sunday 24 March (22:00 local time) in Caseros, Buenos Aires. Expect an exciting face-off between fearless Condors and experienced Kazakh.
Opening proceedings at Bantamweight (50-54kg), London 2012 Olympian Alberto Ezequiel Melian will have to be extremely careful against the most unknown Arlans of the night, Elik Abdraimov (0-1). Melian impresses with his very offensive style of boxing, made of multiple punches and different combinations. Having received a tough introduction to WSB from Individual Champion Gairbek Germakhanov in Week 1, the southpaw then easily dominated Orzubek Shayimov and former pro Vincent Legrand. He will now aim at extending his record and put his team in the best possible position.
Because then nothing will be granted for the Argentina Condors. South American Games bronze medallist Juan Javier Carrasco will be their Lightweight (57-61kg), facing Samat Bashenov. Both boxers are unbeaten this season in three outings but the Kazakh’s opponents were much tougher than the Argie ones. Carrasco will have to make the most of his strong right jabs if he wants to be the winner after five rounds.
Following a short though successful (2-0) professional career, Brian Castaño has already made a strong comeback by knocking down Algeria’s Abdelmalek Rahou in Week 10. In this context, his second WSB fight, this time around against Middleweight (68-73kg) supremo Sergiy Derevyanchenko will be scrutinised with a lot of attention. Individual Champion twice in a row with a record of 16-0, Derevyanchenko loves to pressure and being as close as possible to his opponents, operating with a high number of hooks.
London 2012 Olympian Yamil Peralta is currently the top-ranked Light Heavyweight (80-85kg) after five wins and zero losses in the Regular Season. With his long arms, he is good at keeping his rivals at distance. However he will face probably his strongest opponent to date in the shape of Astana Arlans Kazakhstan’s Hrvoje Sep, also unbeaten in Season III. The Croatian orthodox fighter is like a real engine, moving forward with the same energy from the first until the last seconds of a bout.
It is difficult to judge Heavyweight (91+kg) Oscar Ricardo Perez since he lost in his sole WSB appearance to Gerardo Miguel Bisbal, but the latter is currently the best boxer in this category. However the 24-year-old Argentinean will have to be at his best level to beat Romanian Mihai Nistor in the last contest of the night. The Arlans is well known for his strong punches, those who shocked Dolce & Gabbana Italia Thunder’s captain Clemente Russo in Week 9. The first defeat of the Italian poster-boy in 18 WSB bouts…
- Damien Hooper beats Casey
- German commission (BDB) changes result: Hammer vs. Mathis a “no contest”
- Carlos Carlson Retains WBC Latino Bantamweight Title at “Locked n Loaded” Ontario, CA
- Dusty Hernandez-Harrison Dominates At Madison Square Garden
- GGG – a modest definition of danger?
- Gennady Golovkin – The Real Deal Destroys Daniel “The Real Deal” Geale
- Bryant Jennings Gets Title Shot With Victory; Geale Loses in Spirited Effort
- Kovalev “The Krusher” back on the Boardwalk & Rios vs Chaves potential FOTY
- Broner, Matthysse & Berto Featured Sept. 6 On SHOWTIME In Cincinnati
- Kovalev-Caparello Final Press Conference Quotes
- Wladimir Klitschko and Kubrat Pulev sell out the O2 Arena in Hamburg, Germany
- Austin Trout: “I’m ready to get back to the top.”
- Live Stream: Kovalev vs. Caparello Final Press Conference
- Flaws of Boxing