- IRON BOY PROMOTIONS PARTNERS WITH TOP RANK BOXING TO PRESENT IRON BOY 15
- WBC – Aug. 28, 2014 – Jose Sulaiman Boxers Fund
- GOLDEN BOY LIVE! RETURNS TO FANTASY SPRINGS RESORT CASINO ON OCTOBER 9 HEADLINED BY “RONNY RIOS VS. ROBINSON CASTELLANOS”
- “Cornered: Kenny Bayless” Premieres Tuesday, Sept. 9 on HBO®
- MAYWEATHER PROMOTIONS’ FIGHTER MEDIA WORKOUT QUOTES FOR SATURDAY’S SPECIAL EDITION OF SHOBOX: THE NEW GENERATION
- GOLOVKIN VS. RUBIO, Ticket Details, October 18 StubHub Center
On the Next Real Sports: The Heartwarming Story of Pro Boxer Boyd Melson
Now in its 19th season, REAL SPORTS WITH BRYANT GUMBEL, TV’s most honored sports journalism series and the only sports program recognized with a prestigious 2012 George Foster Peabody Award, presents more enterprising features and reporting when its 193rd edition, available in HDTV, debuts TUESDAY, APRIL 16 (10:00-11:00 p.m. ET/PT), exclusively on HBO.
Other HBO playdates: April 16 (3:10 a.m.), 19 (1:30 p.m., 9:00 p.m.), 21 (8:45 a.m.), 24 (7:00 p.m., 3:05 a.m.), 26 (1:00 a.m.), 27 (9:30 a.m., 11:15 p.m.) and 30 (11:00 a.m., 5:15 p.m.)
HBO2 playdates: April 18 (11:30 a.m., midnight), 22 (3:30 p.m., 10:00 p.m.) and 26 (7:00 p.m.), and May 1 (9:00 a.m., 5:00 a.m.), 5 (1:00 p.m.), 7 (2:00 p.m., 1:00 a.m.) and 11 (8:25 a.m.)
HBO On Demand® availability: April 22-May 13. The show will also be available on HBO GO®.
*Fight to Walk. Most talented amateur boxers turn pro with dreams of fame, fortune and title belts. New Yorker Boyd Melson’s aspirations are slightly different. The 31-year-old boxes for his “soul mate,” Christan Zaccagnino, who was paralyzed from the neck down in a diving accident at age ten. Melson donates every dollar he earns in the ring to spinal cord research with the hope that modern medicine will discover a way for Zaccagnino to walk again. A West Point graduate, he maintains a grueling schedule to train while working a typical nine-to-five office job. REAL SPORTS correspondent Frank Deford visits with Melson and Zaccagnino to learn more about this amazing tale of love and devotion.
Producer: Chapman Downes.
Last month, REAL SPORTS was the sole sports program recognized for broadcast excellence in 2012 by the University of Georgia’s Grady College of Journalism and Mass Communication with a George F. Peabody Award. It is the only sports program ever honored with the duPont Award, having first been recognized in 2005, and receiving its second duPont Award in 2012.
REAL SPORTS has won the Sports Emmy® for Outstanding Sports Journalism 15 times and has received 23 Sports Emmy® Awards overall.
Join the conversation on Twitter using #RealSports.
The executive producer of REAL SPORTS WITH BRYANT GUMBEL is Rick Bernstein; Joe Perskie is senior producer.
- Comanche Boy Cruises To Victory Over Tracy Sneed
- Shannon Briggs destroys Cory Phelps in 1st round TKO
- Don “Da Bomb” George claims IBO Super Middleweight Belt
- Mhlongo & Mlotshwa Impressive In WBF Title Fight Victories
- Results from Friday’s “New Blood” Event in Corona, CA
- Trout gets off the canvas and back into the win column
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Andre Berto Eyes Impressive Showing in September 6 Ring Return
- Marcos Maidana Interview Transcript
- Mexican Boxing Legends Talk Marcos Maidana
- Nonito Donaire vs. Nicholas Walters on October 18th at StubHub Center, Carson, California
- Exciting Times for Randy Petalcorin
- Golovkin-Rubio “Mexican Style” Kick Off
- Jermain Taylor — FESSED UP TO SHOOTING COUSIN … Cops Say