- Maidana: First I’m going to give Mayweather a beating, and then I’m going to KO him
- Anthony Joshua sparring with Wladimir to get him ready for Kubrat Pulev fight
- Maidana, Santa Cruz & Angulo quotes ahead of "Mayhem: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2"
- Maidana doubts Mayweather can improve from previous fight
- Roach: Algieri isn’t in Pacquiao’s class
- Golovkin vs. Rubio, October 18 at StubHub Center
- Pacquiao & Algieri 27,000-Mile Media Tour Starts Monday!
- United States’ Boxers Undergo Final Preparations for Youth Olympic Games Competition in China
- GOLDEN BOY PROMOTIONS, FOX SPORTS 1 AND FOX DEPORTES CELEBRATE THE ONE-YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF THE GOLDEN BOY LIVE! SERIES
- WBO VISITS BOXING GYMS IN PUERTO RICO TO HAND OUT PREPAID CARDS TO STUDENT-BOXERS
- How World Champion Sindy Amador Developed her Love for the Sweet Science
- Joey Dawejko headlines on Friday, September 19 at Harrahs Philadelphia
Stephen Ormond will headline Frank Warren’s 9th DebRA Fight Night Sept 20
Tough Irish lightweight Stephen Ormond will headline Frank Warren’s 9th DebRA Fight Night on Friday 20th September, when the Dubliner challenges Hungarian Adam Mate for the Vacant WBO European Lightweight Championship.
This year’s DebRA Fight Night will take place at the Hilton Hotel, Park Lane, London with previous installments of the charity dinner show having helped raise a combined total of close to a million pounds since the event’s inception 9 years ago.
DebRA are well known for their fantastic work on behalf of people in the UK with the rare genetic skin blistering condition Epidermolysis Bullosa (EB) and the financial support of the charity’s annual tie up with boxing has helped to provide the necessary financial footing to push their support of the dreadful condition forward.
In this year’s main event, Ormond’s challenge for the WBO European strap against the hard hitting Hungarian Mate – who replaces the original challenger Scott Harrison who pulled out injured – will give him the opportunity to obtain a lofty ranking with the WBO that the previous holder of the title, Liam Walsh, enjoyed.
The Irishman who has one sole loss in his 14 fight professional career, via a contentious decision to Paul Appleby, will be looking at the platform that the title provided Walsh, who secured a World title shot at WBO Lightweight Champion Ricky Burns before being ruled out by injury.
The event is also set to be a family affair as Ormond is trained by Pascal Collins, the brother of the Irish legend Steve – the former WBO World Super-Middleweight Champion – whose son Steve Jnr will also appears on the bill against Rolandas Cesna of Lithuania. The muscular Collins Jnr last appeared on the Chisora v Scott Wembley Arena bill, besting Paul Morris on points over 4 rounds in his second pro fight.
The undercard for the charity event also features fast rising Inverness heavyweight sensation Gary Cornish who take on Jiri Svacina of the Czech Republic in an 8 rounder; whilst former Commonwealth Games champion Simon Valily of Teeside takes part in his second pro cruiserweight contest against an opponent to be named.
The black-tie dinner is usually a sell-out, and attended by celebrities as well as some of boxing’s biggest names.
Further information on table packages and sponsorship opportunities can be found at www.debra.org.uk
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Maidana throwing 100 punches per round in training for Mayweather
- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Kell Brook’s trainer doesn’t want him to take an easy fight on December 6th
- Is Canelo capable of taking the baton from Mayweather to become boxing’s next PPV star?
- Deontay Wilder not worried about Stiverne’s power
- Shannon Briggs vs. Cory Phelps this Saturday in Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- Hearn hinting Khan may need to be B-side against Brook