- Glover & Harris Weigh In
- The Witherspoon Family and Legacy will be on display this Saturday night
- Michael Devine announces ‘fight of the year’ against Danny Connor
- Skelton: Joshua could be another Audley Harrison
- Matthew Macklin and Anthony Joshua headline Aug 30 Dublin Show
- UniMás to Air Rigondeaux Title Defense at Venetian Macao, July 19 at 11 PM ET/PT
Oscar Molina Prepares for Debut Bout
Sherman Oaks, Calif. (January 22) – Mexican Olympic boxer Oscar Molina is ready to make his highly anticipated professional debut after suffering a setback that forced him to postpone his first professional bout.
The 23-year old Olympian was originally scheduled to fight alongside twin brother Javier (12-1, 5 KOs) in November, but was halted by a painful cyst in his left shoulder that was hindering the use of his left arm in training.
The cyst was drained and Molina has been given a given a clean bill of health and that it shouldn’t be a problem in the future. With the injury resolved, Oscar is anxious to finally make his long-awaited professional debut on January 26.
“I have no nerves thinking about my first fight. I am just very excited and can’t wait to be in the ring,” he said. “I’ve been waiting for this moment for many years and I’m ready to make my debut.”
Molina has thick roots in boxing, as he is the son of a former Mexican amateur boxer and brother of 27-year-old boxer Carlos Molina (18-1-1, 7 KOs). The bout will be fought in Chihuahua, Mexico, where Molina’s extended family lives.
The event is promoted by Promociones del Pueblo in association with Goossen Tutor Promotions.
- Cameron Hammond outpoints Argentina’s Alfredo Rodolfo Blanco
- Ruslan Chagaev wins “Regular” WBA heavyweight title with majority decision win over Fres Oquendo
- Farenas stops Davis in 8th Dib & Martin win decisions
- Williams, Vincent remain unbeaten through tough battles on undercard of ESPN showcase
- Tori Nelson retains title in Baltimore!
- Younan And Cruz Stay Unbeaten At Foxwoods
- De Alba wins 11th in a row with 5th round stoppage over Batres
- Iron Mike Promotions: “Judgement Day” – Live Tonight on FoxSports1 (8ET/5PT)
- Let’s give Jesús the Space He’s Earned
- Weights From Miami, Florida: Argenis Mendez, 129.8 vs. Rances Bathelemy 130
- Mikey Garcia: Lara could out-box Canelo
- Lara: After Canelo, I want Mayweather
- Brook: I’ll prove I am the real deal against Porter
- Canelo vs Lara Grand Arrival Photos, Videos