- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Canelo vs Angulo, Santa Cruz, Rigondeaux, and Tony Weeks!
- Froch-Groves meet at Wembley press conference ahead of rematch - 60,000 tickets gone in an hour!
- Canelo vs. Angulo: We Didn't Learn Anything New
- Will Miguel Cotto vs. Sergio Martinez Decide Canelo's Next Rival?
- Hunter: Angulo was coming on strong against Canelo at time of stoppage
- Cotto vs. Martinez Puerto Rico Press Conference
- WARREN WINS SAUNDERS-BLANDAMURA PURSE BIDS
- Bruno Escalante to defend IBA Super Flyweight Title against Victor Ruiz April 5
- Angel “Memo” Heredia Confirmed for Inaugural Box Fan Expo
- Martin Lindsay in action on March 25th
- London MBC Sanctioned Event A Huge Success – Further UK Events Planned
- Rudd, Cindy Luna, Raquel Pennington, Sarah Kaufman on LAST CALL
Palm Beach Boxing Center to run 2013 Florida Golden Gloves!
Palm Beach, FL (April 17, 2013) – Lou Martinez, owner of the Palm Beach Boxing Center, announced that he is running and sponsoring the 2013 Florida State Golden Gloves.
A 12,000 sq ft facility that is quickly becoming one of boxing’s hotspots, the Palm Beach Boxing Center’s held camps for world champions Lucian Bute, Devon Alexander, Cory Spinks and Nate Campbell as well as 2008 Olympian Matt Korobov. The gym’s also hosted Andre Dirrell, Kassim Ouma, Riddick Bowe, Jameel McCline and Oleg Maskaev amongst others.
During the last 40 plus years, the Florida Golden Gloves served as a competitive tournament for male and female fighters of all skill levels. Participants range from everyday people to future boxing champions. Notables include boxing legend Roy Jones Jr., Hall of Famer Mike McCallum, former world champions Andre Berto and Nate Campbell and unbeaten prospect Daquan Arnett among others.
“I feel like a kid in a candy store,” Martinez said of running the gloves. “I’ve had a number of my fighters participate and there have been so many greats that showcased their skills in this event before going to the pros. It’s always been a dream to run this great event. Luckily, I had the opportunity to take over the event this year and did so without hesitation.”
Athletes and coaches can register now on Floridagoldengloves.net and the tournament takes place April 20-21. Weigh-ins take place at 7 AM sharp on the 20th at the Ramada Inn at 1901 Palm Beach Lakes Blvd in West Palm Beach and all participants must bring their USA Boxing Passbook. The opening round starts the very same day just minutes away at City Soccer, located at 1016 Clare Ave in West Palm Beach, FL.
For more information on the Florida Golden Gloves, go to Floridagoldengloves.net. To sign up for the Palm Beach Boxing Center or purchase tickets to the Florida Golden Gloves visit Palmbeachboxing.com
- Canelo stops Angulo in 10th; Santa Cruz defeats Mijares
- Rustam Nugaev and Roman Morales Victorious on ESPN Friday Night Fights
- Disappointment For Marston, Prince Reigns Supreme, Sensational Ozgul Bros roll on
- Hardy & Paddock Claim Titles in Bumper Night of Boxing Action
- Acourtier ‘Warzone’ Event Review
- Thompson Boxing Promotions “New Blood” Results: Carlson Wins WBC Latino 118 lb. Title
- DeGale defeats Khatchikian in a surprisingly competitive fight
- Andre Berto Cleared by Physician for Light Sparring, to Begin Full Contact in Mid-April
- Scouting Report for Saturday’s Adamek-Glazkov Fight on NBCSN Fight Night
- Huck fractures thumb, March 29th show cancelled
- Carl Froch: The Reluctant Warrior
- WBO no.4 rated Maxwell Awuku seeks Mikey Garcia fight
- Canelo vs. Angulo: We Didn’t Learn Anything New
- Will Miguel Cotto vs. Sergio Martinez Decide Canelo’s Next Rival?