- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Pacquiao to train 7 weeks for Algieri fight
- Cotto working on selecting his December 13th opponent
- Klitschko working with 15 sparring partners to get ready for Pulev
- Robert Garcia impressed with Algieri's talent level
- Aug. 30 Mayweather Promotions ShoBox: The New Generation
- Devine ready for Connor in grudge match
- DIBELLA ENTERTAINMENT & NEW LEGEND BOXING ANNOUNCE OFFICIAL SIGNING OF UNDEFEATED PROSPECT ALANTEZ FOX TO EXCLUSIVE CO-PROMOTIONAL CONTRACT
- Shakur Stevenson, Jajaira Gonzalez and Darmani Rock to Kick Off 2014 Youth Olympic Games Competition for Team USA
- 2nd Installment of Tuesday Night Fights to take place on September 16 at the 2300 Arena in Philadelphia
- MIKE TYSON PRESENTS BIG TEXAS THROWDOWN!! September 26, Mesquite TX
Paris defeats Perez; Lock decisions Smith
Former welterweight contender Vernon Paris (28-1, 16 KO’s) defeated Manuel Perez (19-9-1, 4 KO’s) by a 10 round unanimous decision in a fight that was much closer than the scores suggest on Friday night at the Masonic Temple in Detroit, Michigan.
The final judges’ scores were 97-93, 96-94 and 98-92. The rounds were difficult to score because Perez was constantly in Paris’ face, hitting him with hard body shots and pressuring him. Paris fired back with his own shots and the two of them traded with hard body shots. Paris had a little more power on his shots, but not much more.
In other action on the card, featherweight Cornelius Lock (21-6-1, 13 KO’s) defeated Lonnie Smith (14-5-3, 10 KO’s) by a 10 round unanimous decision. The final judges’ scores were 97-91, 96-92, 95-92. Lock was down in the 4th and 5th rounds on questionable calls. In the 10th, Smith lost a point for a mouth-guard violation.
The 34-year-old Lock came into the fight having lost two out of his last three fights in defeats to Daniel Ponce De Leon and Mikey Garcia. Smith also came into the fight having lost two out of his last three fights.
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- “Mayhem: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2″ Showtime PPV undercard conference call transcript
- Goosen gives Deontay Wilder a good chance of beating Stiverne
- Mayweather hopes Khan fight will happen in 2015
- Austin Trout in a make or break fight tonight against Daniel Dawson
- Sam Soliman vs. Jermain Taylor to be televised by ESPN2 on October 8th
- Abner Mares signs with Al Haymon
- Lucian Bute in action on 12/6 at Bell Centre in Montreal, Canada