Most Read Articles
- Courtney Richards Ready To Rumble
- Khattab handed tough test for Copenhagen return
- IRON BOY PROMOTIONS PARTNERS WITH TOP RANK BOXING TO PRESENT IRON BOY 15
- WBC – Aug. 28, 2014 – Jose Sulaiman Boxers Fund
- GOLDEN BOY LIVE! RETURNS TO FANTASY SPRINGS RESORT CASINO ON OCTOBER 9 HEADLINED BY “RONNY RIOS VS. ROBINSON CASTELLANOS”
- “Cornered: Kenny Bayless” Premieres Tuesday, Sept. 9 on HBO®
Ads by Yahoo
Paul Butler targets Commonwealth Crown
Hot British talent Paul Butler says his stunning KO of Anwar Alfadli has given him a massive lift ahead of his Commonwealth Super-Flyweight title challenge next month.
Butler, the British Champion, took his record to 10-0 last Thursday night at London’s home of boxing, the York Hall, Bethnal Green, with a punch perfect performance that culminated with an explosive left hook from a southpaw stance that pole-axed Alfadli.
It was back-to-back knockout wins for the exciting 24-year-old Ellesmere Port ace, after he delivered a crushing body shot to John Donnelly in the first round to win the British title last November.
It was also the third KO in the last four fights for Butler and the win was all-the-more impressive because the tough and durable Alfadli – who hadn’t been stopped in the last 19 months – had previously taken Butler the four-round distance twice before.
Butler is now focused on winning the Commonwealth title on Friday 12th April at the Liverpool Olympia, live and exclusive on BoxNation (Sky Ch. 437/Virgin Ch. 546) and goes into the fight against tough Nigerian Yaqub Kareem full of confidence.
“It was one of the best punches I’ve thrown in my career and when it landed I knew it was game over for Alfadli,” Said Butler.
“I was coming off another great knockout win over Donnelly and that was a pretty good body shot, but I think that the Alfadli KO last Thursday night is the best so far,”
“Alfadi hadn’t been stopped for nearly two years and he’d been in with a lot of the young prospects and I’d done the distance with him twice, so it’s was good to win in such dramatic style and the fans who came down from Liverpool loved it!”
“As I’ve said before I don’t go out looking for the knockout, against Alfadli I just saw the opening and threw the punch and the timing was spot on,”
“My power is definitely improving with every fight, but I’m not going to be relying just on power to win fights, I’ve got good skills and I’m getting better and better in the gym and with every fight.”
“My confidence is sky-high at the moment and I know that Kareem is going to be a lot tougher, but I want that Commonwealth title to become a double champion.”
Tickets priced at £30, £40 and £60 are available from Eventim on 0844 249 1000 or eventim.co.uk or Liverpool Olympia 0151 263 6633.
Butler v Karim is live and exclusive on The Home of Champions BoxNation (Sky Ch. 437/Virgin Ch. 546). Join at www.boxnation.com
next article: Frederick Lawson stops Sowah to win IBF Africa belt
Previous article: Adonis Stevenson to challenge Chad Dawson on June 8th in Montreal
- Comanche Boy Cruises To Victory Over Tracy Sneed
- Shannon Briggs destroys Cory Phelps in 1st round TKO
- Don “Da Bomb” George claims IBO Super Middleweight Belt
- Mhlongo & Mlotshwa Impressive In WBF Title Fight Victories
- Results from Friday’s “New Blood” Event in Corona, CA
- Trout gets off the canvas and back into the win column
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Andre Berto Eyes Impressive Showing in September 6 Ring Return
- Marcos Maidana Interview Transcript
- Mexican Boxing Legends Talk Marcos Maidana
- Nonito Donaire vs. Nicholas Walters on October 18th at StubHub Center, Carson, California
- Exciting Times for Randy Petalcorin
- Golovkin-Rubio “Mexican Style” Kick Off
- Jermain Taylor — FESSED UP TO SHOOTING COUSIN … Cops Say