- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Bernard Hopkins Vs. Beibut Shumenov: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
- Brandon Adams looks to stay undefeated with win over Gatica
- Frazer Clarke looking to make history in next week’s England Boxing National Finals
- McDonnell lands dream World title fight at Wembley
- Thompson Boxing Promotions Presents “Loaded” card featuring Efrain Esquivias, Giovani Santillan, & Jose Roman
- “The Fight Game With Jim Lampley” Debuts Saturday, April 19 on HBO
Paulie Malignaggi vs. Jose Miguel Cotto & Adrien Broner vs. Daniel Ponce de Leon to Air June 9 on Golden Boy Classics on FOX Deportes
LOS ANGELES, June 5 – Before WBA Welterweight World Champion Paulie “Magic Man” Malignaggi and Two Division World Champion Adrien “The Problem” Broner kick off the summer boxing season with an explosive showdown at Barclays Center in Brooklyn on June 22, Golden Boy Classics will preview the match-up on June 9 with a special Sunday edition of the hit series featuring two of these stars’ finest bouts which will air on FOX Deportes at 5:00 p.m. ET/2:00 p.m. PT.
In the main event, it’s a trip back to April 9, 2011 when former Junior Welterweight World Champion Malignaggi made his first major statement at 147 pounds against Jose Miguel Cotto. In the opener, we revisit March 5, 2011 when Broner stepped into the ring against his toughest foe to that point in his career, Mexico’s former World Champion Daniel Ponce de Leon.
A popular New Yorker on the comeback trail after a tough loss to Amir Khan in 2010, Malignaggi moved up to the welterweight division after the bout and following a win over Michael Lozada in December 2010, he dazzled against Puerto Rico’s Jose Miguel Cotto, pounding out a 10 round decision victory that announced his arrival among the 147-pound elite.
After tearing through his first 19 opponents, Cincinnati’s Broner got the fight of his life against the always-tough former World Champion Daniel Ponce de Leon who pushed the rising star to the limit until Broner emerged with a 10-round decision win. Two fights later, “The Problem” was a World Champion.
# # #
Malignaggi vs. Broner, a 12-round fight for Malignaggi’s WBA Welterweight World Championship, will take place Saturday, June 22, 2013 at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York. The event is promoted by Golden Boy Promotions and supported by Golden Boy Promotions’ sponsors Corona and AT&T. The SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING telecast begins at 9:00 p.m. ET/ 6:00 p.m. PT and will be available in Spanish via secondary audio programming (SAP). In the co-featured bouts, Johnathon Banks will look to repeat his 2012 upset win over Seth “Mayhem” Mitchell as he defends his NABO and WBC International Heavyweight titles in a 12-round fight presented in association with K2 Promotions and number one rated WBC super middleweight contender Sakio Bika faces number four rated WBC super middleweight contender Marco Antonio Periban in a 12-round fight for the vacant WBC Super Middle weight World Championship. Preliminary fights will air on SHOWTIME EXTREME at 7:00 p.m. ET/PT (delayed on the West Coast).
Tickets priced at $250, $125, $75, $50 and $25, plus applicable taxes and service charges, are on sale now and are available for purchase at www.barclayscenter.com, www.ticketmaster.com, all Ticketmaster locations, by calling 800-745-3000 and at the American Express Box Office. For group tickets, please call 800-GROUP-BK.
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Bernard Hopkins warns Shumenov ‘to get ready for school’
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity
- ShoBox: The New Generation Final Weights & Quotes For Friday’s Iron Mike Productions Tripleheader