- Team USA’s Queen Underwood and Danyelle Wolf to Compete in Tuesday’s Women’s Continental Championships Action
- Sampson Boxing Signs Prospect Duo from Houston
- WBC: Mayweather-Pacquiao
- FRANK GALARZA REFLECTS ON PAST WEEKEND’S IMPRESSIVE VICTORY
- Date change and undercard announced – Golden Boy Live! at Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
- Abraham: I’m ready to defend my title on Saturday night
Paulius Kasiulevicius: Ill Knock Ginters Out In One, Maybe Two, Round
TRAD TKO Gym supremo Johnny Eames has always had an eye for serious talent, back in May he was saying that his latest heavyweight signing, two time Lithuanian Amateur Heavyweight Champion Paulius Kasiulevicius, will be World Champion.
On the first of June at York Hall Johnny let the big man of the lead, boy was Johnny right, Paulius was plain sensational, stopping Frantisek Kynkal in just two minutes and twenty five seconds of the first round, thats after putting him down twice earlier in the first stanza.
What you first have to remember Kynkal isnt a journeyman, he had a 2-1 record, with both wins coming by way of stoppage, so Johnny was taking a big risk putting his new discovery in with such a big puncher for his debut.
Paulius proved Johnny right, now just five weeks later the big man is back in action, on the TRAD TKO Events promoted Turf War event at York Hall, London this coming Saturday, whats more Paulius is in against yet another big hitter, Janis Ginters, who like Kynkal has two wins under his belt, both by stoppage finish.
Taking on such opponents right from the off doesnt seem to faze Paulius one iota, as he made clear when he spoke earlier.
Im ready for Saturday, Ive been sparring with big names, world class fighters, so Im ready a hundred percent.
What can I tell you about my first fight, it was just one round, so Ill try to do again on Saturday, Ill do my best.
In that last fight I had a big, big boy, he was three stones heavier than me, so he was massive like, but anyway I stopped him in the first round.
I will knock anyone out who steps in with me in the ring.
To the fans, come and support me again, I want more to come and see me, I want the Lithuanian community in there, I want to get sponsors so want lots of fans to come and see me.
I need sponsors, its hard training with no money its hard living in England , you know what I mean, in time I think I will have sponsors, Im an exciting fighter going places and already have lots of fans.
I did my best and will do my best on Saturday, thats what Im training for and get more people to support me. It makes me train harder in the gym for my support and people that come to see me, I want to do my best in the ring, you know.
We will see in my next fight, but it wont be a long fight, I think it will only be one or two rounds before I knock him out, people will like that.
Paulius Kasiulevicius versus Janis Ginters features on the undercard of the Ian Bailey – Dan Naylor Southern Area Featherweight title clash that headlines the Johnny Eames TRAD TKO Events promoted Turf War at York Hall, Bethnal Green, London on Saturday 27th July 2013.
Tickets, priced £35 (Standard Seated) and £60 (Ringside) are available on-line at www.tkoboxoffice.com or in person from the TRAD TKO Boxing Gym in Canning Town or from any boxer on the event. For further information call 07960 850645 or 07557 641597.
- Joey Dawejko scores 2nd consecutive 1st round knockout
- Salido defeats Kokietgym in war
- Wizardry: Palacios overcomes layoff to dominate Mendoza!
- Chuy Gutierrez wins first title Saturday in Las Vegas
- Groves back with a unanimous decision verdict to claim European crown and WBC mandatory position
- Dargan & Mchunu Walk Away With NABF Titles
- Groves defeats Rebrasse, now WBC mandatory for Dirrell
- Canelo Alvarez Signs Major Agreement with HBO Sports
- Canelo back at HBO; next fight likely Joshua Clottey on December 6th
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Mayweather Promotions, Alex Ariza, Manny Pacquiao & More!!!
- Rick Glaser talks Mayweather/Maidana
- Tyson Fury Restrained By Tape, Chisora Vows Ko Win
- Salido defeats Kokietgym in war
- The Return of the Saint