Weights: Peterson-Matthysse, Alexander-Purdy
(Photo credit: Casino/Showtime) The fighters for tomorrow night’s SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING telecast from Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, New Jersey stepped on the scales today at Caesars Atlantic City for the Official Weigh-in. Main event fighters Lamont Peterson and Lucas Matthysse made the catch-weight limit of 141 pounds with Peterson weighing in at 141 lbs. and Matthysse tipping the scale at 140 lbs. IBF Welterweight World Champion Devon Alexander made the welterweight limit of 147 lbs., but his opponent, Lee Purdy, was unable to make the weight after two attempts, coming in at 147.8 lbs. As a result Purdy will not be eligible to win the world championship title in tomorrow night’s fight.
The telecast will air live on SHOWTIME at 9:00 p.m. ET/PT (delayed on the West Coast) immediately following ALL ACCESS: MAYWEATHER vs. GUERRERO Epilogue. Preliminary fights will air live on SHOWTIME EXTREME® at 7:00 p.m. ET/PT (delayed on the West Coast).
Attached is the entire bout sheet with the official weights, and the weigh-in photos.
ABOUT “PETERSON VS. MATTHYSSE”:
Peterson vs. Matthysse, a 12-round 141 pound catch-weight fight, will take place Saturday, May 18 at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, New Jersey. The event is promoted by Golden Boy Promotions, sponsored by Caesars Atlantic City, Corona and AT&T and will be televised live on SHOWTIME® at 9:00 p.m. ET/PT (delayed on the West Coast) immediately following ALL ACCESS: MAYWEATHER vs. GUERRERO Epilogue. In the co-main event, IBF Welterweight World Champion Devon Alexander defends his title against IBF number four rated welterweight contender Lee Purdy. SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING® is available in Spanish on secondary audio programming (SAP). Preliminary fights will air live on SHOWTIME EXTREME® at 7:00 p.m. ET/PT (delayed on the West Coast).
Tickets priced at $250, $125, $75, $50 and $25, plus applicable taxes and service charges, are available for purchase at the Boardwalk Hall box office, by calling Ticketmaster at (800) 736-1420 or online at www.ticketmaster.com.
- Connecticut Boxing Hall of Fame a knockout success
- Chris Mannix: “I’m Told Mayweather-Khan Is a Done Deal”
- TAYLOR TARGETS ETCHES
- Lucas Browne: “I can’t say I’m surprised that David Price has vacated his titles”
- Wlodarczyk vs. Fragomeni 3: Final Quotes
- Free Live Stream Of WBF World Title Fights This Friday
- “It’s about who can handle the pressure best” – Khan can’t wait for Malignaggi vs Judah
- Broadway Boxing: Melson Beats King, Rosa Handles Wilson Easily
- Australian Boxing: Zac Dunn Stops Marlon Alta in Five
- Jeff Lacy Returns With Third Round Stoppage
- Travis Kauffman dismantles Barnett in the first round
- Nothing Spoiled in Quebec: Stevenson and Kovalev are Victorious
- Adonis Stevenson – Fighter Of The Year for 2013?
- Gaelle Amand And Nikki Adler Victorious In WBF World Title Fights