- NEXT TUESDAY! Crawford vs Beltran World Title News Conf in Omaha – 12:30 PM
- MATHEWS AND DINGSDALE COLLIDE ON ECHO ARENA CARD
- Coyle: Katsidis is only in exciting fights
- Arthur Abraham, Paul Smith Officials Announced
- Charles Hatley vs. Richar Gutierrez New IMP Co-Main This Friday in Dallas
- Gavin v Skeete On Blockbuster Excel Show!
Adonis Stevenson vs. Tony Bellew this Saturday night on HBO from Quebec
HBO’s hit late-night boxing franchise travels to Canada for an all-action Thanksgiving weekend doubleheader of light heavyweight powerhouses when HBO BOXING AFTER DARK: ADONIS STEVENSON VS. TONY BELLEW AND SERGEY KOVALEV VS. ISMAYL SILLAKH is seen SATURDAY, NOV. 30 at 10:15 p.m. (live ET/tape-delayed PT) from the Colisee Pepsi in Quebec City, exclusively on HBO. The HBO Sports team of Jim Lampley, Max Kellerman and Roy Jones Jr. will be ringside for the event, which will be available in HDTV, closed-captioned for the hearing-impaired and presented in Spanish on HBO Latino. Other HBO playdates: Dec. 1 (3:30 p.m.) and 2 (12:25 a.m.) – HBO2 playdates: Dec. 1 (8:45 a.m.) and 3 (11:00 p.m.)
In the 12-round main event, light heavyweight champion Adonis Stevenson (22-1, 19 KOs) of Quebec defends his title on his home turf against the UK’s Tony Bellew (20-1, 12 KOs).
Stevenson, 36, dismantled former champion Chad Dawson with a first-round knockout in June to win his first world championship, and successfully defended his title in September, stopping another top veteran, Tavoris Cloud, at the end of the seventh round. Making his third appearance on HBO in five months, he hopes to continue his meteoric rise in the 175-pound division.
In his HBO debut, Bellew will look to use his significant height and reach advantages to halt Stevenson. Taking place on his 31st birthday, the bout marks Bellew’s first fight outside the UK and his first shot at a world championship.
The co-feature bout pits Russia’s Sergey Kovalev (22-0-1, 20 KOs) against Ukraine’s Ismayl Sillakh (21-1, 17 KOs) in a scheduled 12-round light heavyweight title fight. Making his second HBO appearance this year, the undefeated Kovalev, 30, is coming off the biggest win of his career, a masterful fourth-round technical knockout of Nathan Cleverly that brought him his 175-pound title. He is one the sport’s fastest rising stars and on everybody’s “must see” list.
Sillakh, 28, has an extensive amateur resume and near-perfect professional record. A resident of Simi Valley, Cal., he will be fighting in his sixth country as a pro and making his HBO debut.
Leading off the telecast will be the HBO replay of the hard-hitting welterweight fight between Manny Pacquiao and Brandon Rios that took place on Nov. 23 in Macau. In his 2013 debut, Pacquiao, a worldwide superstar, registered a dominant performance and reasserted his standing in one of boxing’s deepest divisions.
Follow HBO boxing news at hbo.com/boxing, on Facebook at facebook.com/hboboxing and on Twitter at twitter.com/hboboxing.
All HBO boxing events are presented in HDTV. HBO viewers must have access to the HBO HDTV channel to watch HBO programming in high definition.
The executive producer of HBO BOXING AFTER DARK is Rick Bernstein; producer, Jon Crystal; director, Doug Getts.
® HBO BOXING AFTER DARK is a registered service mark of Home Box Office, Inc.
- Joey Dawejko scores 2nd consecutive 1st round knockout
- Salido defeats Kokietgym in war
- Wizardry: Palacios overcomes layoff to dominate Mendoza!
- Chuy Gutierrez wins first title Saturday in Las Vegas
- Groves back with a unanimous decision verdict to claim European crown and WBC mandatory position
- Dargan & Mchunu Walk Away With NABF Titles
- Groves defeats Rebrasse, now WBC mandatory for Dirrell
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Mayweather Promotions, Alex Ariza, Manny Pacquiao & More!!!
- Rick Glaser talks Mayweather/Maidana
- Tyson Fury Restrained By Tape, Chisora Vows Ko Win
- Salido defeats Kokietgym in war
- The Return of the Saint
- Khan could be next for Mayweather, says Floyd Sr
- Groves asks Froch for fight, and gets turned down