Praise For Max Maxwell
Promoter PJ Rowson has praised Max Maxwell for having the courage to get in the ring with Nick ‘Bang Bang’ Blackwell.
Blackwell last month took European middleweight champion Max Bursak to the wire in the Ukraine – and the 22 year-old heads home to top the bill at Trowbridge Civic Hall on Saturday, October 26.
Rowson, Blackwell’s manager and promoter, reckons matching Blackwell is “one of the toughest jobs in British boxing.”
Prince Arron and Chris Eubank jr have both withdrawn from British-title eliminators against him – and Rowson thought he would have to look overseas for an opponent for this month’s show that also features the return of Joe Hughes, the 2010 ABA light-welterweight champion.
But a phone call to Jon Pegg, Maxwell’s manager, solved Rowson’s problem.
“Max has saved the show,” said Rowson.
“I was struggling to find opponents for Nick before he went over to the Ukraine and bashed Bursak – and it’s proving to be even harder now.
“Nobody in the UK will get in the ring with him – apart from Max.”
A look at Maxwell’s 46-fight record is proof of his willingness to fight anyone.
He’s shared a ring with champions including Liam Smith, Prince Arron, Sam Webb and Brian Rose, who is currently preparing to box a world-title eliminator.
Maxwell inflicted the only loss on Rose’s record with surely the most chilling one-punch knock-out seen in a British ring in 2010.
Rose reversed the loss with a points victory in a British-title defence – and Maxwell has gone on to be a tough night’s work for champions and prospects.
Tickets and further information are available from 07976-283157.
- Stevens – Majewski, Mchunu – Wilson Begin NBCSN Fight 2014 With a Bang
- Diaz vs. Ellison headlining 50 Cent’s Big Apple Boxing show Dec. 20
- Undefeated David Rodriguez ready for redemption at resorts AC
- Mike Tyson’s blue-chip welterweight prospect Erickson Lubin is future of boxing
- Will Agbeko Perform Better Than Donaire Against Rigondeaux?
- WBC News
- Livestream: Judah vs Malignaggi Presser & Weigh-In
- Broadway Boxing: Melson Beats King, Rosa Handles Wilson Easily
- Australian Boxing: Zac Dunn Stops Marlon Alta in Five
- Jeff Lacy Returns With Third Round Stoppage
- Travis Kauffman dismantles Barnett in the first round
- Nothing Spoiled in Quebec: Stevenson and Kovalev are Victorious
- Adonis Stevenson – Fighter Of The Year for 2013?
- Gaelle Amand And Nikki Adler Victorious In WBF World Title Fights