- Courtney Richards Ready To Rumble
- Khattab handed tough test for Copenhagen return
- IRON BOY PROMOTIONS PARTNERS WITH TOP RANK BOXING TO PRESENT IRON BOY 15
- WBC – Aug. 28, 2014 – Jose Sulaiman Boxers Fund
- GOLDEN BOY LIVE! RETURNS TO FANTASY SPRINGS RESORT CASINO ON OCTOBER 9 HEADLINED BY “RONNY RIOS VS. ROBINSON CASTELLANOS”
- “Cornered: Kenny Bayless” Premieres Tuesday, Sept. 9 on HBO®
David Price Relishing Tony Thompson Rematch
David Price is desperate to “put things right” against Tony Thompson after confirming his American conqueror has agreed to meet him in a rematch.
The Liverpudlian heavyweight saw his unbeaten record demolished by 41-year-old veteran Thompson in a shock second-round stoppage defeat on February 23.
However, he will return to Liverpool’s Echo Arena, the scene of the crime that mnight, to meet Thompson again on July 6. Promoter Frank Maloney, who collapsed in the wake of the defeat, confirmed all terms have been agreed and he expects the signed contract to be returned in the coming days.
Price, 29, told Press Association Sport: “I believe Tony Thompson is saying the fight isn’t signed yet but he’s going to sign it because it’s all agreed and we’ve given him everything he wants. The fight will be happening.
“I’m pleased it’s sorted because it’s the only fight I want, really.
“I think he expected to be paid a lot more money than he got last time. He’s going to be getting paid well – and rightly so, because he beat me in the firstmfight and he’s in the driving seat.
“I’m just grateful he’s going to give me the opportunity to put things right that went wrong in the first fight and I’m thankful Frank Maloney worked as hard as he did to make it happen.
“It’s all in place and it’s now up to me to go out and do what I should have done in the first fight.”
Price added: “Massive credit to Thompson for taking it too. It’s a big opportunity for me to put right what happened in my head. I know it’s happened and it’s never going to go away, but as far as I’m concerned it’s the closest thing to me being able to go back in time and change what happened.”
Maloney told Press Association Sport he endured tough negotiations to secure the fight his boxer craved.
“Thompson has agreed all terms and it should be a done deal in the next couple
of days,” he said.
“It wasn’t a straightforward fight to make, which is why it’s taken this long to get it sorted. It’s been very hard.
“But the fight’s made, he’s agreed all personal terms and it’s just a case of them signing the contract and sending it back. We’ve had an email from his team saying they’ve agreed to everything.”
Price had been in control of the first fight last month until a southpaw right hook to the ear sent him sprawling, prompting referee Steve Gray to stop the bout.
- Comanche Boy Cruises To Victory Over Tracy Sneed
- Shannon Briggs destroys Cory Phelps in 1st round TKO
- Don “Da Bomb” George claims IBO Super Middleweight Belt
- Mhlongo & Mlotshwa Impressive In WBF Title Fight Victories
- Results from Friday’s “New Blood” Event in Corona, CA
- Trout gets off the canvas and back into the win column
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Andre Berto Eyes Impressive Showing in September 6 Ring Return
- Marcos Maidana Interview Transcript
- Mexican Boxing Legends Talk Marcos Maidana
- Nonito Donaire vs. Nicholas Walters on October 18th at StubHub Center, Carson, California
- Exciting Times for Randy Petalcorin
- Golovkin-Rubio “Mexican Style” Kick Off
- Jermain Taylor — FESSED UP TO SHOOTING COUSIN … Cops Say