- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Pacquiao to train 7 weeks for Algieri fight
- Cotto working on selecting his December 13th opponent
- Klitschko working with 15 sparring partners to get ready for Pulev
- Robert Garcia impressed with Algieri's talent level
- Shakur Stevenson, Jajaira Gonzalez and Darmani Rock to Kick Off 2014 Youth Olympic Games Competition for Team USA
- 2nd Installment of Tuesday Night Fights to take place on September 16 at the 2300 Arena in Philadelphia
- MIKE TYSON PRESENTS BIG TEXAS THROWDOWN!! September 26, Mesquite TX
- Joe Ward: “I’m thankful that AIBA gave me the opportunity to be involved in APB”
- Shoulder injury forces Nicola Adams out of the 2014 Women’s Boxing World Championships in South Korea
- Undefeated lightweight contender Ivan Redkach Now trained by Robert Garcia
Price vs. Thompson is STILL on for February 23rd in Liverpool
DAVID PRICE’S big fight against Tony Thompson at Liverpool’s Echo Arena on Saturday 23rdFebruary is ON. Rumors had swept Twitter and some minor boxing websites claiming that the 12 round heavyweight contests had been scrapped.
But Frank Maloney, promoter of British and Commonwealth heavyweight champion Price is livid at the misinformation that has been put out. He believes that lies about the fight being called off were spread after American Thompson’s medical report was delayed in being sent from the United States to the British Boxing Board of Control.
Maloney said: “The fight is very much on and Tony is looking forward to arriving in Liverpool.
“Twitter can be a valuable tool, but it is also like nasty virus which spreads quickly.
“One person suggests something might be happening and the whole world believes someone who has no connection with the promotion.
“Websites then pick up the story, but not one person from the sites running the story has contacted me which telsl me they about getting hits and not giving correct information.
“Some questions that were asked about Thompson’s medical history were slow in being cleared up and that has caused panic.
“I am trying to sell tickets and a TV network trying to bring in viewers but this sort of misinformation is killing the show.
“Because of this I have lost a day selling tickets for the show.
“I hope those who made claims that the fight were off, put their hands up and admit they were wrong.
“They also haven’t taken into account fighters on the undercard who have been left concerned and worried they the card might be called off.”
Price’s (15-0) clash against two-time world title challenger Thompson (36-3) heads a bill that is supported by two British title fights and a quality undercard.
Kevin Satchell (9-0) makes the first defence of his British flyweight title against Luke Wilton (13-2-1)
Darren Hamilton (12-2) put his British light-welterweight crown on the line against another Liverpool fighter, Steve Williams (13-1).
Adil Anwar (18-1) who hopes to challenge the winner also boxes Welsh hopeful Lance Sheehan (5-1) over ten rounds.
Others boxers on the bill includes David Burke (26-2), Paul Edwards (9-2), Sean Dodd (4-0), Louis Cuddy (6-0), Neil Perkins (2-0), Steven Lewis (2-0), Andy Colquhoun (5-0) and Peter Gallagher (1-0).
Tickets can be purchased £230 (VIP including meal and inner ringside seat), £95 (Ringside), £70 and £40 at www.echoarena.com www.frankmaloney.com or 0844 8000 400.If you have any further queries, please contact Mark Harnell at Frank Maloney’s Press Office on 07830 354974 firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Goosen gives Deontay Wilder a good chance of beating Stiverne
- Mayweather hopes Khan fight will happen in 2015
- Austin Trout in a make or break fight tonight against Daniel Dawson
- Sam Soliman vs. Jermain Taylor to be televised by ESPN2 on October 8th
- Abner Mares signs with Al Haymon
- Lucian Bute in action on 12/6 at Bell Centre in Montreal, Canada
- Hearn wants to schedule Brook-Khan fight for the summer in 2015