- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn "Showtime" Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- AWE to Air WBA World Championship LIVE this Saturday
- THE HALF-SOLVED “MAYWEATHER VS. PACQUIAO”
- “Payasito”-Tostado in the works for May in Mexico
- A Trio of U.S. Boxers Earn Preliminary Round Victories at the 2014 Youth World Championships
- Chinese Taipei impress in Sofia
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
Price vs. Thompson is STILL on for February 23rd in Liverpool
DAVID PRICE’S big fight against Tony Thompson at Liverpool’s Echo Arena on Saturday 23rdFebruary is ON. Rumors had swept Twitter and some minor boxing websites claiming that the 12 round heavyweight contests had been scrapped.
But Frank Maloney, promoter of British and Commonwealth heavyweight champion Price is livid at the misinformation that has been put out. He believes that lies about the fight being called off were spread after American Thompson’s medical report was delayed in being sent from the United States to the British Boxing Board of Control.
Maloney said: “The fight is very much on and Tony is looking forward to arriving in Liverpool.
“Twitter can be a valuable tool, but it is also like nasty virus which spreads quickly.
“One person suggests something might be happening and the whole world believes someone who has no connection with the promotion.
“Websites then pick up the story, but not one person from the sites running the story has contacted me which telsl me they about getting hits and not giving correct information.
“Some questions that were asked about Thompson’s medical history were slow in being cleared up and that has caused panic.
“I am trying to sell tickets and a TV network trying to bring in viewers but this sort of misinformation is killing the show.
“Because of this I have lost a day selling tickets for the show.
“I hope those who made claims that the fight were off, put their hands up and admit they were wrong.
“They also haven’t taken into account fighters on the undercard who have been left concerned and worried they the card might be called off.”
Price’s (15-0) clash against two-time world title challenger Thompson (36-3) heads a bill that is supported by two British title fights and a quality undercard.
Kevin Satchell (9-0) makes the first defence of his British flyweight title against Luke Wilton (13-2-1)
Darren Hamilton (12-2) put his British light-welterweight crown on the line against another Liverpool fighter, Steve Williams (13-1).
Adil Anwar (18-1) who hopes to challenge the winner also boxes Welsh hopeful Lance Sheehan (5-1) over ten rounds.
Others boxers on the bill includes David Burke (26-2), Paul Edwards (9-2), Sean Dodd (4-0), Louis Cuddy (6-0), Neil Perkins (2-0), Steven Lewis (2-0), Andy Colquhoun (5-0) and Peter Gallagher (1-0).
Tickets can be purchased £230 (VIP including meal and inner ringside seat), £95 (Ringside), £70 and £40 at www.echoarena.com www.frankmaloney.com or 0844 8000 400.If you have any further queries, please contact Mark Harnell at Frank Maloney’s Press Office on 07830 354974 email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Official Weigh-in Results for Hopkins-Shumenov
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Bernard Hopkins warns Shumenov ‘to get ready for school’
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity