- IRON BOY PROMOTIONS PARTNERS WITH TOP RANK BOXING TO PRESENT IRON BOY 15
- WBC – Aug. 28, 2014 – Jose Sulaiman Boxers Fund
- GOLDEN BOY LIVE! RETURNS TO FANTASY SPRINGS RESORT CASINO ON OCTOBER 9 HEADLINED BY “RONNY RIOS VS. ROBINSON CASTELLANOS”
- “Cornered: Kenny Bayless” Premieres Tuesday, Sept. 9 on HBO®
- MAYWEATHER PROMOTIONS’ FIGHTER MEDIA WORKOUT QUOTES FOR SATURDAY’S SPECIAL EDITION OF SHOBOX: THE NEW GENERATION
- GOLOVKIN VS. RUBIO, Ticket Details, October 18 StubHub Center
Lucas Browne: “I can’t say I’m surprised that David Price has vacated his titles”
LUCAS “BIG DADDY” BROWNE says he’s far from shocked with David Price’s decision to vacate the Commonwealth heavyweight title.
The hammer-fisted Aussie won the right to contest the crown when he halted Sheffield giant Richard Towers last month.
He was hoping to square off with Price in early 2014, but the Liverpudlian’s new promoters, Sauerland, yesterday confirmed that he’ll be relinquishing the championship along with his British belt.
Browne keeps busy against old foe Clarence Tillman on December 13 and will be ready for his title opportunity in the New Year.
“I can’t say I’m surprised that Price has vacated to be honest. If Tony Thompson can stop Price, I know I can too,” Lucas, 18-0 (16 KOs), said.
“I have a fight in a weeks’ time that I’m focusing on and I can’t wait to close 2013 with a bang before beginning 2014 with that title fight.
“I’ll leave all the negotiations for the Commonwealth title up to my management and Ricky Hatton. I know I’m in good hands and I’m on the right path. ”
Matt Clark, Browne’s manager, believes his charge’s devastating destruction of Towers in Hull five weeks ago has helped influence Price’s decision.
“I think it’s a wise move by Price and his promoter to relinquish the Commonwealth title rather than have him stopped by Lucas,” he added.
“Adam Booth is Price’s new trainer. He was ringside for Lucas stopping Richard Towers and he presumably didn’t like what he saw.”
He added: “Lucas is the mandatory challenger and our goal for a few years now has been to see him become the first Aussie in over 120 years to become Commonwealth heavyweight champion.
“Hatton Promotions have been instrumental in helping this to almost become a reality”.
David Price vacates British and Commonwealth titles
David Price and his team have decided to vacate both the British and Commonwealth Heavyweight titles in order to fully concentrate on his quest to become heavyweight world champion.
Price: ‘’I am extremely proud to have been British and Commonwealth champion. I have some fantastic memories of some great nights winning and defending both belts. Now the time is right for me to move in a different direction in order to rebuild my career and achieve my ultimate goal of becoming heavyweight world champion. As for the fight with Derek (Chisora), this is something that really interests me and I’d hope it has the potential to be made later next year.’’
- Comanche Boy Cruises To Victory Over Tracy Sneed
- Shannon Briggs destroys Cory Phelps in 1st round TKO
- Don “Da Bomb” George claims IBO Super Middleweight Belt
- Mhlongo & Mlotshwa Impressive In WBF Title Fight Victories
- Results from Friday’s “New Blood” Event in Corona, CA
- Trout gets off the canvas and back into the win column
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Andre Berto Eyes Impressive Showing in September 6 Ring Return
- Marcos Maidana Interview Transcript
- Mexican Boxing Legends Talk Marcos Maidana
- Nonito Donaire vs. Nicholas Walters on October 18th at StubHub Center, Carson, California
- Exciting Times for Randy Petalcorin
- Golovkin-Rubio “Mexican Style” Kick Off
- Jermain Taylor — FESSED UP TO SHOOTING COUSIN … Cops Say