- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn "Showtime" Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- AWE to Air WBA World Championship LIVE this Saturday
- THE HALF-SOLVED “MAYWEATHER VS. PACQUIAO”
- “Payasito”-Tostado in the works for May in Mexico
- A Trio of U.S. Boxers Earn Preliminary Round Victories at the 2014 Youth World Championships
- Chinese Taipei impress in Sofia
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
Queensberry Promotions and BoxNation Welcome Hobson and World Champion McDonnell to BoxNation
Promoter Dennis Hobson is delighted to announce that he has reached an exclusive agreement with Queensberry Promotions that will see IBF world bantamweight champion Jamie McDonnell defend his world title on ‘The Channel Of Champions’, BoxNation (Sky Ch. 437/Virgin Ch. 546).
The multi-fight deal will see Hobson promote shows in association with Queensberry Promotions in which McDonnell will headline stacked cards that will also feature Queensberry’s roster of boxers as well as Dennis Hobson’s own excellent emerging talent.
McDonnell, who won the title in sensational style against the fearsome punching Julio Ceja, will make the first defence of his IBF crown live and exclusive on BoxNation with the opponent, date and venue to be confirmed next week at a press conference.
The Doncaster star is one of British boxing’s biggest success stories in recent years having worked his way up through British, Commonwealth and European titles to earn his world title shot after two early career setbacks.
Fans crammed into Doncaster Rovers Keepmoat Stadium on a magical night in May to see the exciting 27-year-old defeat Ceja over twelve hard rounds to win on the judges’ scorecards and achieve his lifetime dream of becoming world champion.
Some exciting fights lie ahead for McDonnell and unifying the titles will be high on his agenda as he aims to define himself as the number one in the bantamweight division with Dennis Hobson, Queensberry Promotions and BoxNation backing him all the way.
Hobson, who secured crucial home advantage for his fighter on his world title challenge, was hugely excited that he is working with Queensberry and that Jamie will feature on BoxNation; “We’re absolutely delighted to link up with Queensberry Promotions and BoxNation. This deal has been in the pipeline for quite some time following conversations between myself and George Warren. We’re hugely looking forward to Jamie defending his world championship on the channel and developing him into one of the biggest names in boxing.”
Asif Vali of Platinum Consultancy has been working alongside Dennis Hobson Promotions and is delighted for Jamie McDonnell in securing this mega deal. Asif commented, “Dennis and I met with all the other major promoters in the UK and abroad, as well as all the major TV broadcasters, looking to secure the right broadcaster for Jamie – and after some very lengthy negotiations we have managed to secure this great deal with Queensberry which will see Jamie as the main event headlining shows in big arenas in the UK.”
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Official Weigh-in Results for Hopkins-Shumenov
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Bernard Hopkins warns Shumenov ‘to get ready for school’
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity