- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Bernard Hopkins Vs. Beibut Shumenov: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Frazer Clarke looking to make history in next week’s England Boxing National Finals
- McDonnell lands dream World title fight at Wembley
- Thompson Boxing Promotions Presents “Loaded” card featuring Efrain Esquivias, Giovani Santillan, & Jose Roman
- “The Fight Game With Jim Lampley” Debuts Saturday, April 19 on HBO
- WSB: Daniel Asenov is the hero of the day
- AFN To Carry Tomorrow Night’s ShoBox Tripleheader With Sammy Vasquez
Scott Quigg and Diego Silva ready to go!
This Saturday afternoon at 3pm eastern / 12 noon pacific on AWE & AWETV.COM, one of the most anticipated all-English showdowns will take place as WBA/IBF Super Middleweight champion Carl Froch takes on undefeated George Groves. Before that big fight, there will be a 12 round WBA Super Bantamweight title bout between undefeated champion Scott Quigg and #14 ranked Diego Silva.
Quigg, who is 26-0-2 with 19 knockouts just fought to a draw with undefeated Yoandris Salinas just seven weeks ago on October 5th.
“Training has gone well,” said Quigg when reached just three days before the fight. “I was at the gym just two days after the Salinas fight. I am improved and am ready for Saturday.”
“It was my team’s idea to come back so quick as I wasn’t hurt and I am a gym rat. I wasn’t hurt or bruised at all so everything should be good on Saturday.”
Quigg knows that the fight with Silva (29-2-4, 15 KO’s) could make for an entertaining appetizer for the main course that is Froch and Groves.
“We have seen a few tapes. He comes forward and is aggressive. That will make it good exciting for the fans.”
While being relatively unknown to the American fight fans, Quigg knows that this is a big opportunity to throw his name into the mix for big fights.
“I want to be in the big fights. There is pressure to perform as I want to make some noise across the pond. This is a big platform so I can make this happen.”
Quigg also knows that there are a lot of significant names to make those fights a reality.
“Rigondeaux is obviously the number-one guy in the division but there is Leo Santa Cruz, Kiko Martinez and even Vic Darchinyan if he goes back down to 122 lbs that can make for great fights for me.”
One name that wasn’t mentioned but is first and foremost on his mind as a future opponent is undefeated Carl Frampton of Northern Ireland.
The two have been linked to fighting each other for a couple years now and a win over Silva can make this fight the next biggest fight in the United Kingdom after the conclusion of Saturday’s main event and the recent cancellation of the Heavyweight battle between David Haye and Tyson Fury.
“I want the Frampton fight. We made him an offer and the fight didn’t happen. It’s good to have him as a rival and after Carl and George get done on Saturday, that is the biggest potential fight in the United Kingdom.”
“On Saturday night, I am going to prove that I am the real deal and the best in the division.”
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity
- ShoBox: The New Generation Final Weights & Quotes For Friday’s Iron Mike Productions Tripleheader
- Final press conference quotes for “History at the capitol: Bernard Hopkins vs. Beibut Shumenov”
- The British Invader: Steed “The Stallion” Woodall
- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather’s Power
- Maidana doesn’t have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money