- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn "Showtime" Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- AWE to Air WBA World Championship LIVE this Saturday
- THE HALF-SOLVED “MAYWEATHER VS. PACQUIAO”
- “Payasito”-Tostado in the works for May in Mexico
- A Trio of U.S. Boxers Earn Preliminary Round Victories at the 2014 Youth World Championships
- Chinese Taipei impress in Sofia
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
Ramona Kühne Defends WBF World Title
After almost fourteen months out of the ring due to injury, World Boxing Federation Women’s World Super Featherweight Champion Ramona Kuehne is back!
On March 2 at the MBS Arena in Potsdam, Germany she will defend her title against Halana Dos Santos from Brazil. This will be the fourth defense for Kuehne, 19-1 (6), who won the WBF crown in 2010.
Last time out, in January 2012, she stopped Hungarian Renata Domsodi in eight rounds, but has since been on the sidelines due to knee injuries which she had surgery for last May.
“It’s been hard to come back from injury and surgery like this. Even though you don’t start totally from scratch, it’s not far off. So I am so thrilled to make my comeback in Potsdam.”
“This is has been a dream of mine, and I am really looking forward to going home”, says Kuehne and refers to the fact that Potsdam borders Berlin, the city where she was born thirty-three years ago and lived for many years, and is close to Grossziethen where she resides today with husband and trainer Stephan.
23-year-old Halana Dos Santos, 14-4 (4), has experience from three previous title fights, but must be considered a clear underdog against Kuehne. The champion feels confident that she will be able to perform at world-class level again, and has not studied her opponent too much:
“You can never say for sure until you are in the ring, but I believe that I will be just as good as before my injury. I have seen a little bit of video on Dos Santos, but I am going to focus on my own performance and not hers.”
For this fight Kuehne has included former two-weight world champion Graciano Rocchigiani in her team, to assist with the mental part of preparations. And with the advice and experience of “Rocky” in her corner, there is no hesitation in her voice when she concludes:
“I am not going to let her beat me, that’s for sure!”
Promoted by Ulf Steinforth and his SES Boxing, Ramona Kuehne´s WBF World Super Featherweight title defense on March 2 against Halana Dos Santos will be televised live throughout Germany on Sport 1.
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Official Weigh-in Results for Hopkins-Shumenov
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Bernard Hopkins warns Shumenov ‘to get ready for school’
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity