- Maidana: First I’m going to give Mayweather a beating, and then I’m going to KO him
- Anthony Joshua sparring with Wladimir to get him ready for Kubrat Pulev fight
- Maidana, Santa Cruz & Angulo quotes ahead of "Mayhem: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2"
- Maidana doubts Mayweather can improve from previous fight
- Roach: Algieri isn’t in Pacquiao’s class
- Golovkin vs. Rubio, October 18 at StubHub Center
- GOLDEN BOY PROMOTIONS, FOX SPORTS 1 AND FOX DEPORTES CELEBRATE THE ONE-YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF THE GOLDEN BOY LIVE! SERIES
- WBO VISITS BOXING GYMS IN PUERTO RICO TO HAND OUT PREPAID CARDS TO STUDENT-BOXERS
- How World Champion Sindy Amador Developed her Love for the Sweet Science
- Joey Dawejko headlines on Friday, September 19 at Harrahs Philadelphia
- NEW TRAINER CONFIDENT IN MIKE JONES RETURN THIS SATURDAY
- Brook receives Lord Mayor’s welcome home on Friday
Ramona Kühne Retains WBF World Title
World Boxing Federation Women’s World Super Featherweight Champion Ramona “The Dragon” Kuehne returned to the ring after a fourteen month injury lay-off to successfully defend her title on Saturday night, March 2, at the MBS Arena in Potsdam, Germany.
More than 3000 fans in the arena saw Kuehne dominate Brazilian challenger Halana Dos Santos for ten rounds, and score a one-sided unanimous decision: 100-90, 100-90 and 99-91. She improves her professional record to 20-1 (6), while Dos Santos falls to 14-5 (9).
Keuhne, making her fourth defense of the WBF title, made Dos Santos come forward in the first round and effectively countered the South Americans attacks. From the second round on it was Kuehne on the offensive, and Dos Santos was thoroughly put in her place with excellent boxing from the champion.
Especially in the fifth and eight rounds it was one-way traffic, and while she was not able to threaten Kuehne, Dos Santos deserves credit for not giving up and for doing her best under heavy fire. The difference in class was just too big, and there was never any doubt as to who would emerge victorious.
“It was very hard to be out of the ring for so long, but the fight was fun”, said a happy Kuehne at the post fight press conference. “The spectators were fantastic, and I hope to fight in Potsdam again in the future.”
The Ramona Kuehne vs. Halana Dos Santos WBF World Super Featherweight title fight was promoted by SES Boxing, and went out live in Germany on Sport 1 television.
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Maidana throwing 100 punches per round in training for Mayweather
- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Kell Brook’s trainer doesn’t want him to take an easy fight on December 6th
- Is Canelo capable of taking the baton from Mayweather to become boxing’s next PPV star?
- Deontay Wilder not worried about Stiverne’s power
- Shannon Briggs vs. Cory Phelps this Saturday in Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- Hearn hinting Khan may need to be B-side against Brook