Andy Lee vs. Anthony Fitzgerald this Saturday night at the Odyssey Arena in Belfast, Northern Ireland
Belfast, Northern Ireland/New York, NY (2/5/13) – On Saturday night, “Irish” Andy Lee, returns DBE to the ring for the first time since his unsuccessful bid at claiming the World Boxing Council (WBC) Middleweight Championship when he takes on Anthony Fitzgerald (13-3, 4KO’s) at the Odyssey Arena in Belfast, Northern Ireland. The bout is scheduled for 10 rounds in the middleweight division and is promoted by Matchroom Sport in association with DiBella Entertainment.
Sporting an impressive 28-2, 20KO’s, record and ranked #7 by the WBC and #9 by the WBA in the middleweight world ratings, Lee, the 2004 Irish Olympian, is looking to get back into the win column and make another run at capturing a piece of the middleweight crown. Lee is now training out of London with Adam Booth, who took over the reigns after the tragic death of Lee’s longtime trainer and mentor Emanuel Steward.
“I’m ready to fight,” said Lee. “My training has gone to plan. I’m really enjoying working with Adam. I am learning and improving with every training session. I’m very focused for this fight and expect a good performance.
“First and foremost, I want to thank my good friend Eddie Hearn and Matchroom Sport for allowing Andy to be on this card,” said Lee’s promoter Lou DiBella. “Andy is still one of the top middleweights in the world, and we expect a great performance out of him Saturday night.”
- Malignaggi/Judah full undercard
- Barker vs Sturm – Weigh-In Video
- Ricky Boylan Interview
- Malingaggi vs. Judah & Trout vs. Lara: Four highly skilled fighters two 50-50 fights
- Liam Cullen Interview
- Enzo Maccarinelli faces Courtney Fry on Saturday
- Rigondeaux vs. Agbeko & Tapia vs. Kirkland: Return of the 122 King and a classic prospect versus vet matchup
- Ivan Pereyra Wins WBF Intercontinental Title In Mexico
- Boyd Melson dominates King in Gotham City!
- Broadway Boxing: Melson Beats King, Rosa Handles Wilson Easily
- Australian Boxing: Zac Dunn Stops Marlon Alta in Five
- Jeff Lacy Returns With Third Round Stoppage
- Travis Kauffman dismantles Barnett in the first round
- Nothing Spoiled in Quebec: Stevenson and Kovalev are Victorious