- IRON BOY PROMOTIONS PARTNERS WITH TOP RANK BOXING TO PRESENT IRON BOY 15
- WBC – Aug. 28, 2014 – Jose Sulaiman Boxers Fund
- GOLDEN BOY LIVE! RETURNS TO FANTASY SPRINGS RESORT CASINO ON OCTOBER 9 HEADLINED BY “RONNY RIOS VS. ROBINSON CASTELLANOS”
- “Cornered: Kenny Bayless” Premieres Tuesday, Sept. 9 on HBO®
- MAYWEATHER PROMOTIONS’ FIGHTER MEDIA WORKOUT QUOTES FOR SATURDAY’S SPECIAL EDITION OF SHOBOX: THE NEW GENERATION
- GOLOVKIN VS. RUBIO, Ticket Details, October 18 StubHub Center
Retzke-Lauren world title showdown at York Hall, London 5th July
Germany’s Jennifer Retzke and Sweden’s Mikaela Laurén are set to face each
other, for the IBF Light Middleweight World title, at York Hall in Bethnal
Green, London on Friday 5th July 2013.
Retzka, who won the IBF crown on her second attempt, has had a stellar
career that has seen her capture not only the IBF World title but also the
German Welterweight title.
One of the truly exciting female fighters, Retzka has a fearsome right
hand, as is clear by her stellar record of twelve wins, nine by way of
stoppage, with just the single loss to Daniella Smith, when they fought
for the vacant IBF Welterweight title back November 2010.
Laurén, who has a record of eighteen wins, six by way of stoppage, and two
losses, is a stylish boxer who has proved she can hold her own with the
best boxers around, with losses only to World #1 Cecelia Braekhus and Loli
This historic World Championship battle will headline the Dave Murphy, in
association with Acourtier Events, promoted ‘Independence Day’ event at
the famous home of Boxing in the capital, as part of an international
spectacular featuring some of the most exciting young prospects in Europe.
Main support sees Dublin, Ireland, via New York, USA, newly crowned WBU
International Lightweight Champion Stephen Ormond back in UK action.
Ormond has a record of thirteen wins and just the single – highly
controversial – loss, to Paul Appleby, will be looking to build his fan
base in the UK as he targets both Kevin Mitchell and reigning WBO King
Ricky Burns as future ‘victims’.
Woolwich, London, via Philadelphia USA, Featherweight Marianne ‘Golden
Girl’ Marston returns to York Hall, the scene of her sensational debut,
which see the highly praised protégé of legendary Heavyweight Champion of
the World, Smokin’ Joe Frazier and two time Cruiserweight King Steve ‘USS’
Cunningham, stop Hungarian #1 ranked Gabriella Roman in just one minute
and forty seven seconds of the first round back in April.
Another sensational South Londoner with American connections is Streatham
Light Heavyweight Jovan Young, who makes his first trip to the York Hall
as a pro.
The highly decorated former amateur star has a record of four wins, three
by way of stoppage, and a single draw as a pro. Not a bad start
considering Young has yet to fight in the UK as a pro, instead preferring
to do things the hard way and fight overseas.
Another explosive big hitting young star taking part in this historic
event is Denmark’s Osama Hadifi. The 27 year old Light Welterweight from
Copenhagen possesses a perfect six wins – all by first round stoppage
finish – and no losses.
‘Independence Day’ also sees the debut of two highly decorated young
amateur stars making their professional debut.
Turkish teenager Shiya Ozgul has fought over a hundred times and has
represented his country in many international amateur competitions.
Ozgul, who has been describes as a ‘natural’ by his manager and coaching
team, is already being touted as a future World Champion – big talk you
may think, but no this youngster has more than held his own in sparring
with some of the country’s top prospects already.
Highly rated Birmingham amateur, Antonio Counihan, makes his pro debut on
the 5th July. Couniham didn’t just represent his country, he was the
Captain and a clear favourite to secure a Team GB berth for the Rio 2016
Olympics, before turning his attention to the professional ranks.
During his stellar amateur career Counihan was Midland area ABA, junior
ABA and World Youth Champion and in his last amateur season reached the
semi-finals of the National ABAs, as well a being an integral member of
the Team GB development squad.
At time of going to press Dave Murphy is close to securing another major
name, with exceptional credentials, to debut on the 5th July event – so
watch this space for more news on this.
Jennifer Rezke versus Mikaela Laurén, for the IBF Light Middleweight World
Championship honors, headlines the Dave Murphy, in association with
Acourtier Events, promoted ‘Independence Day’ event, which takes place at
York Hall in Bethnal Green, London, on Friday 5th July 2013.
Tickets, priced £30 (Gallery), £35 (Ground floor standard seated) and £65
(Ringside) are available on-line at www.tkoboxoffice.com -
www.mariannemarston.com – www.acourtier.com – or in person from the TRAD
TKO Boxing Gym in Canning town – www.tkoboxinggym.com – and Ringtone Gym
in Euston – www.ringtonehealthandfitness.com – or from any of the boxers
taking part in the event, or call – 07960 850645, 07809 499896 or 07557
641597 for further information.
- Comanche Boy Cruises To Victory Over Tracy Sneed
- Shannon Briggs destroys Cory Phelps in 1st round TKO
- Don “Da Bomb” George claims IBO Super Middleweight Belt
- Mhlongo & Mlotshwa Impressive In WBF Title Fight Victories
- Results from Friday’s “New Blood” Event in Corona, CA
- Trout gets off the canvas and back into the win column
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Andre Berto Eyes Impressive Showing in September 6 Ring Return
- Marcos Maidana Interview Transcript
- Mexican Boxing Legends Talk Marcos Maidana
- Nonito Donaire vs. Nicholas Walters on October 18th at StubHub Center, Carson, California
- Exciting Times for Randy Petalcorin
- Golovkin-Rubio “Mexican Style” Kick Off
- Jermain Taylor — FESSED UP TO SHOOTING COUSIN … Cops Say