- "Toe to Toe": Alfredo "El Perro" Angulo vs Saul "Canelo" Alvarez - Keys to Victory, Four to Explore, & Official Prediction
- Deontay Wilder vs. Malik Scott: The road to the heavyweight title
- Weights: Canelo 155, Angulo 154.5
- MGM Grand in Las Vegas selected as official site for Mayweather vs. Maidana mega-fight Saturday, May 3 live on Showtime PPV®
- Stiverne vs. Arreola: Finally a change in the heavyweight scene!
- FULL UNDERCARD ANNOUNCED FOR "TOE TO TOE: CANELO VS. ANGULO"
- Cuba vs. USA in WSB quarter-finals
- Veteran Konecny vows: Against Quillin, I’ll make my American miracle come true!
- Four American Boxers Advance to the Final Round at the 2014 Youth Continental Championships
- Brandon Cook vs Phil Rose on May 3rd
- Mundine in beast mode for Clottey
- Team USA Opens the 2014 Youth Continental Championships With Three Victories in Ecuador
Richard Commey vs. Paul Truscott at York Hall in Bethnal Green on July 13th
Steve Goodwin (Goodwin Promotions) and Olivia Goodwin (Goodwin Main Events) are planning a bumper end of season with two Saturday night shows at York Hall in the space of two weeks.
Olivia stages her best ever card on 13th July in an event entitled ‘Saturday Night Fever’. Olivia promotes this alongside Streetwise Promotions from Ghana.
Top of the bill is Ghanaian star and IBF African champion Richard Commey (15-0, all by stoppage) against former Commonwealth featherweight champion Paul Truscott. The fight is a final eliminator for the Commonwealth lightweight title which is being contested on the same night by Derry Mathews and Tommy Coyle.
Commey says: “I have total respect for Truscott but the one I want is Derry Mathews. His manager said I was not good on Twitter and I want to show him by beating his boy. First however I have to fight Paul who is a quality fighter and I am looking forward to the challenge.”
This is the first time for many years that an African boxer has being promoted by a UK promoter and treated as the home fighter. The Goodwins alongside Michael Amoo-Bediako of Streetwise have made this happen.
Chief support is a heavyweight title bout over ten rounds for the British Masters belt where Brixton banger Ian Lewison takes on former conqueror Colin Kenna. Lewison, fresh from a controversial semi-final exit in Prizefighter, has his first ten round contest against Kenna who in his last fight beat Lewison.
“I am going to hurt and punish Kenna,” said Lewison. “The fight will be a destruction. I will be at my lightest and fastest ever. Don’t blink as Kenna hits the canvas”.
A third big fight sees the skilful Philip ‘Quicksilver’ Bowes (6-0) compete for the Masters light-welterweight crown against Joe Elfidh (7-3). Bowes is one of boxing’s rising stars and Elfidh is a tough Yorkshireman who is remembered for his fight with Scott Harrison.
Ricky Boylan competes for the International Masters Bronze title over eight rounds against an international opponent yet to be confirmed.
The card sees the return of Tom ‘The Bomb’ Dallas in a six round International contest. This is Dallas’ first contest since signing a promotional deal with
the Goodwins. Exciting light-heavyweight Miles Shinkwin (3 <<...>> -0) has his first eight round contest.
Plus, as is always the case with a Goodwin card, many more bouts to be added.
Two weeks earlier on 29th June Olivia’s father Steve Goodwin stages a 13-fight card headlined by two Masters title fights.
Prizefighter finalist Hari Miles defends his British Masters cruiserweight title against ‘The Emperor’ Menay Edwards. Edwards decided not to go into Prizefighter as he is opting for a career build rather than instant money in a three round format. Miles has been taunting Edwards on social networking sites after Edwards won their first clash with Miles claiming late notice as the reason for the loss.
Edwards said: “H Bomb is one bomb that never detonates. He can’t punch, has a big mouth and I will shut him up once and for all on 29 June. He needs to go back to being a journeyman. That’s his level!”
Exciting Goodwin middleweight Lee ‘The Banjo’ Markham defends his British Masters middleweight title against Alistair Warren (8-4-2). Lee is marching on a career path that will eventually lead to bigger title honours.
‘The Rematch’ features former British title challenger Michael Lomax against former Commonwealth champion Bradley Pryce over eight rounds. Pryce won their first encounter in Wales and Lomax wants revenge.
What could be fight of the night sees ‘Smoking’ Joe Mullender (4-0) take on former Southern Area champion Gary Boulden over eight rounds. This will be one all out war and not to be missed.
The undercard features the debut of former professional footballer Leon McKenzie who competes at super-middleweight and the debut of two future champions in heavyweight Dominic Akinlade and light-welterweight ‘Showstar’ Sohail Ahmad who has been working with Yassine el Maachi.
Another barnstormer sees Southern Area super-featherweight champion Michael ‘Chunky’ Devine take on the Belarusian banger Andrei Hramyka (10-6-2). Hramyka has won nine of his ten victories inside the distance and Devine is susceptible to a punch as when floored in the first round by Dan Naylor in his Southern Area title victory.
The Goodwin team brings fantastic value to small hall boxing – evenly matched bouts offering value and excitement.
Tickets are available at £100 VIP reserved ringside (including free private bar), £60 reserved ringside and £35 unreserved
There are discounts if you buy tickets for both shows before 3rd June. Tickets at www.goodwinpromotions.co.uk or 01525 851150
- Canelo vs. Angulo early results
- Rustam Nugaev and Roman Morales Victorious on ESPN Friday Night Fights
- Disappointment For Marston, Prince Reigns Supreme, Sensational Ozgul Bros roll on
- Hardy & Paddock Claim Titles in Bumper Night of Boxing Action
- Acourtier ‘Warzone’ Event Review
- Thompson Boxing Promotions “New Blood” Results: Carlson Wins WBC Latino 118 lb. Title
- DeGale defeats Khatchikian in a surprisingly competitive fight
- Canelo vs. Angulo early results
- Floyd “Money” Mayweather Opening Press Conference Quotes & Photo From Mgm Grand In Las Vegas
- “Toe to Toe: Canelo vs. Angulo” edition of “The Pugilist KOrner”
- TODAY! Pacquiao Arrives in Los Angeles
- Mike Reed’s Stock Rises in Decision Win over Mahasin
- 14,700 tickets sold for Mayweather-Maidana fight today, says Schaefer
- “Toe to Toe”: Alfredo “El Perro” Angulo vs Saul “Canelo” Alvarez – Keys to Victory, Four to Explore, & Official Prediction