- Bermane Stiverne Interview: The WBC Heavyweight Champion Speaks Out
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Floyd Mayweather, Marcos Maidana, Timothy Bradley, and more!
- The Current 20 Most Exciting Boxers – A Statistical Analysis
- Arum wants Pacquiao vs. Mayweather in Macao, China
- Ashley Theophane talks Floyd Mayweather and Mayhem
- Atlas: Mayweather did just enough to win
- POPULAR TWO-TIME NEW YORK GOLDEN GLOVES CHAMPION EARL NEWMAN TO MAKE PRO DEBUT ON OCTOBER 4TH AT FOXWOODS RESORT CASINO, IN MASHANTUCKET, CONN.
- Special Afternoon Edition of Fight Night on Broadcast NBC
- TICKET ALERT!! IMP Presents The Pride of Pittsburgh II, Friday November 14th
- TRAVIS SCOTT HEADLINES WFC 30, PROFESSIONAL BOXING IN BATON ROUGE
- JOSEPH “JO JO” DIAZ VS. RAUL “BULE” HIDALGO TO REPLACE ANTONIO TARVER VS. JOHNATHON BANKS AS MAIN EVENT IN MONDAY, SEPT. 29 GOLDEN BOY LIVE! EVENT DUE TO TARVER INJURY
- USA Boxing’s Experienced Women’s Squad Prepare to Travel South of the Border for the 2014 Elite Women’s Continental Championships
Ricky Hatton launces academy for personal trainers and fitness instructors
DESPITE being best known for his exploits in the ring, Ricky “Hitman” Hatton has further proven his ability to innovate out of it with the launch of the Hatton Academy.
Alongside running his promotional company, Ricky has made a successful move into training, coaching Sergey Rabchenko to European title glory.
And now he wants to pass his expertise on to fitness instructors, personal trainers and other boxing coaches so that they can enhance their own skills and teaching methods.
The Hatton Academy is the only boxing for fitness course in the UK to have official accreditation from the British Boxing Board of Control (BBBofC), the Register of Exercise Professionals (REP) and the Amateur Boxing Association of England (ABAE).
It is a two day course covering all basic boxing technique, pad holding principals and functional training methods.
On completion of the course participants are issued with two certificates and the chance to join TEAM Hatton. This allows them to deliver Hatton Boxing classes and be listed as a trainer on the Hatton website.
“I feel very proud to be in a position where I can pass on the skills I’ve learned in all my years as a boxer,” Hatton said.
“Boxing training can benefit everyone. It isn’t about learning to fight, it’s about improving fitness, strength and stamina.
“It doesn’t matter if you’re interest is in football or tennis or just someone who wants to lose a little bit of weight, learning about boxing can help you achieve your targets.”
Ricky runs the course alongside the Academy’s training and educational director Jon Eade.
Jon has more than 14 years experience in the fitness industry, working at some of the best health centres in the world. He has been teaching boxing to instructors since 2007.
“The Hatton Academy is the perfect qualification for any personal trainer or fitness instructor who is looking to utilise boxing as a form of exercise,” Jon explained.
“The course will give you all the tools you need to structure and teach safe and effective boxing techniques. We show the course participants how to deliver all major punching techniques and defensive moves.
“We already have over 2000 instructors qualified and now with the launch of TEAM Hatton the benefits for these instructors is endless.
“Ricky has brought a great depth of professional boxing knowledge to the course content. No other course can offer such in depth skills and training methods in boxing.”
For more information, log onto www.hattonacademy.com
- Conquest, Sparrow & Wright post wins at Tuesday Night Fights in Philadelphia
- The Calm after the “Mayhem”
- “My Fingers Was Numb!” Mayweather Survives Alleged Nom, Dances to UD in Maidana Rematch
- Cecilia Brækhus unifies division
- Danny McDermott wins WBU junior welterweight championship in GenSan
- Floyd Mayweather Remains Perfect In Rematch With Marcos Maidana on SHOWTIME PPV
- Mickey Bey defeats Miguel Vazquez
- Back at home Chris Algieri’s whirlwind continues
- The Sweet Sucker Punch: Georgie Benton
- Return of the Saint: George Groves ready to make a statement on Saturday night
- Interview: Explosive Joseph Parker meets a Tank
- Pacquiao-Algieri PPV Undercard Packs Plenty of Int’l Intrigue
- Coach Kevin Barry discusses the prospects of his exciting young protégé Joseph Parker
- Gerald Washington, a big man looking to do big things