Ricky Hatton launces academy for personal trainers and fitness instructors
DESPITE being best known for his exploits in the ring, Ricky “Hitman” Hatton has further proven his ability to innovate out of it with the launch of the Hatton Academy.
Alongside running his promotional company, Ricky has made a successful move into training, coaching Sergey Rabchenko to European title glory.
And now he wants to pass his expertise on to fitness instructors, personal trainers and other boxing coaches so that they can enhance their own skills and teaching methods.
The Hatton Academy is the only boxing for fitness course in the UK to have official accreditation from the British Boxing Board of Control (BBBofC), the Register of Exercise Professionals (REP) and the Amateur Boxing Association of England (ABAE).
It is a two day course covering all basic boxing technique, pad holding principals and functional training methods.
On completion of the course participants are issued with two certificates and the chance to join TEAM Hatton. This allows them to deliver Hatton Boxing classes and be listed as a trainer on the Hatton website.
“I feel very proud to be in a position where I can pass on the skills I’ve learned in all my years as a boxer,” Hatton said.
“Boxing training can benefit everyone. It isn’t about learning to fight, it’s about improving fitness, strength and stamina.
“It doesn’t matter if you’re interest is in football or tennis or just someone who wants to lose a little bit of weight, learning about boxing can help you achieve your targets.”
Ricky runs the course alongside the Academy’s training and educational director Jon Eade.
Jon has more than 14 years experience in the fitness industry, working at some of the best health centres in the world. He has been teaching boxing to instructors since 2007.
“The Hatton Academy is the perfect qualification for any personal trainer or fitness instructor who is looking to utilise boxing as a form of exercise,” Jon explained.
“The course will give you all the tools you need to structure and teach safe and effective boxing techniques. We show the course participants how to deliver all major punching techniques and defensive moves.
“We already have over 2000 instructors qualified and now with the launch of TEAM Hatton the benefits for these instructors is endless.
“Ricky has brought a great depth of professional boxing knowledge to the course content. No other course can offer such in depth skills and training methods in boxing.”
For more information, log onto www.hattonacademy.com
- Gunn and Johnson confirm “Celtic Warrior vs Road Warrior”!
- When enough is not enough
- Stevens – Majewski, Mchunu – Wilson Begin NBCSN Fight 2014 With a Bang
- Diaz vs. Ellison headlining 50 Cent’s Big Apple Boxing show Dec. 20
- Undefeated David Rodriguez ready for redemption at resorts AC
- Mike Tyson’s blue-chip welterweight prospect Erickson Lubin is future of boxing
- Will Agbeko Perform Better Than Donaire Against Rigondeaux?
- Broadway Boxing: Melson Beats King, Rosa Handles Wilson Easily
- Australian Boxing: Zac Dunn Stops Marlon Alta in Five
- Jeff Lacy Returns With Third Round Stoppage
- Travis Kauffman dismantles Barnett in the first round
- Nothing Spoiled in Quebec: Stevenson and Kovalev are Victorious
- Adonis Stevenson – Fighter Of The Year for 2013?
- Gaelle Amand And Nikki Adler Victorious In WBF World Title Fights