- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Bernard Hopkins Vs. Beibut Shumenov: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Frazer Clarke looking to make history in next week’s England Boxing National Finals
- McDonnell lands dream World title fight at Wembley
- Thompson Boxing Promotions Presents “Loaded” card featuring Efrain Esquivias, Giovani Santillan, & Jose Roman
- “The Fight Game With Jim Lampley” Debuts Saturday, April 19 on HBO
- WSB: Daniel Asenov is the hero of the day
Rising Star Philip Sutcliffe Jnr to fight in Drimnagh
Dublin fights fans will again be provided the opportunity to witness professional boxing as KO Entertainment announce their Suburban Battleground fight-night which will take place on the 2nd of November, 2013 at Our Lady’s Hall, Mourne road, Drimnagh.
The event will be headed by rising star Philip Sutcliffe Jnr who will fight for the Irish light welterweight title against two times World Military Champion Michael Kelly.
Former amateur star Sutcliffe has grabbed the attention of the Irish boxing public with a trio of stoppage wins in his first three professional fights and his clash against the vastly more experienced Michael Kelly promises to be an explosive encounter.
The 24 year old son of former two times Olympian and double European bronze medalist Philip Sutcliffe Snr is excited about returning to his home community to fight as a professional.
“It’s amazing to be fighting in the area where I grew up and went to school; plus to be fighting for the Irish title makes it that bit more special. Everyone is really excited about the show. I’m really looking forward to the atmosphere on the night and putting in a good performance”
A community venue holding a professional boxing show is a first for South Dublin and Sutcliffe’s manager Stephen Sharpe believes it’s a great opportunity for locals to witness first hand the country’s next superstar.
“We are delighted to put Philip on a show in Drimnagh and it’s great that so many Dubliners will get to see just how good Sutcliffe Jnr is. Just last week former world champion Barry McGuigan told the media he believes Philip will be a star and for this journey to pit-stop right in the heart of his community is amazing”.
So far five fights have been confirmed for the show with the clash of Tallaght favorite Robbie Long and former Prizefighter contestant Darren Cruise promising to be a barnstorming support bout to the main event.
Also appearing on the card will be Luke Keeler, former Irish amateur champion Carl Brabazon and Ballyhaunis youngster Ryan Peake who will become Ireland’s youngest professional at the age of eighteen.
Tickets for the Suburban Battleground fight-night are priced at €30 unreserved and €50 ringside and are available from Stephen Sharpe 0852483929, Philip Sutcliffe 0879719193 or can be purchased from Crumlin Boxing Club.
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity
- ShoBox: The New Generation Final Weights & Quotes For Friday’s Iron Mike Productions Tripleheader
- Final press conference quotes for “History at the capitol: Bernard Hopkins vs. Beibut Shumenov”
- The British Invader: Steed “The Stallion” Woodall
- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather’s Power
- Maidana doesn’t have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money