- Harley Davidson San Diego to hold Thompson Boxing Promotions “Path to Glory SD Style” Aug. 16
- Sergio “Yeyo” Thompson has the opportunity to put himself back in line for a world title shot on Saturday
- Willie Nelson headlines ESPN FNF next Friday
- Brooklyn Brawl returns on Thursday, September 18 to the Millennium Theater
- Olympians and Champions populate APB’s 60kg Lightweight Category
- Amnat Ruenroeng vs McWilliams Arroyo date change; now on for Sept 10
Rivan Cesaire: “Zappa and then Horn, let’s do it”
Melbourne Welterweight Rivan Cesaire is looking to end 2013 in style. The slick counter-puncher boasts an 11-3-1 (3 KO) ledger and is hoping to land a couple of big wins that will catapult him into the world rankings. Cesaire will firstly tangle with former IBF Lightweight title challenger Lenny Zappavigna over 8 rounds on October 17th. “I’m looking forward to that fight. I’ve sparred with Lenny before and I’m confident I have his measure. After Lenny, I want a rematch with Horn”.
The former Cameroon Commonwealth Games representative is of course referring to current Australian Welterweight champion, and hot prospect, Jeff Horn. Both fighters battled to a technical draw in August, when Cesaire suffered a nasty cut above his left eye from an accidental head clash. “I congratulate Jeff Horn on winning the Australian title. But the difference between me and Sam Colomban is that I wont be standing right in front of him asking to be hit. Nobody knows how Jeff goes after 5 or 6 rounds. He’s never had to do it. I’ll take him into the later rounds and mug him”.
There is a strong possibility that Cesaire and Horn will meet in Brisbane on November 16th, although Cesaire’s manager Brendan Bourke insists no official offer has been received. “It’s a fight that we’d definitely take, but to date we haven’t received any offers. I’m hearing rumours that Horn’s team might be looking to go in another direction and we hope that is not the case, as it’s a great fight for the fans”.
“We have unfinished business,” Cesaire continued. “Jeff, let’s get this on. Firstly I need to take care of business against Lenny Zappavigna and then I want your Aussie title. I’ll even come up to Queensland for a second time to do it.”
- Damien Hooper beats Casey
- German commission (BDB) changes result: Hammer vs. Mathis a “no contest”
- Carlos Carlson Retains WBC Latino Bantamweight Title at “Locked n Loaded” Ontario, CA
- Dusty Hernandez-Harrison Dominates At Madison Square Garden
- GGG – a modest definition of danger?
- Gennady Golovkin – The Real Deal Destroys Daniel “The Real Deal” Geale
- Bryant Jennings Gets Title Shot With Victory; Geale Loses in Spirited Effort
- Wladimir Klitschko and Kubrat Pulev sell out the O2 Arena in Hamburg, Germany
- Austin Trout: “I’m ready to get back to the top.”
- Live Stream: Kovalev vs. Caparello Final Press Conference
- Flaws of Boxing
- Video: Bundu vs Gavin, Browne vs Rudenko Weigh-In
- Hatton says Browne could fight Tyson Fury…
- Danny Garcia media workout quotes