- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Canelo vs Angulo, Santa Cruz, Rigondeaux, and Tony Weeks!
- Froch-Groves meet at Wembley press conference ahead of rematch - 60,000 tickets gone in an hour!
- Canelo vs. Angulo: We Didn't Learn Anything New
- Will Miguel Cotto vs. Sergio Martinez Decide Canelo's Next Rival?
- Carl Froch: The Reluctant Warrior
- Hunter: Angulo was coming on strong against Canelo at time of stoppage
- ESPN Thursday Night Fights at ‘The World’s Most Beautiful Race Course’
- Bryant and Santiago set to tangle Friday night at the Hamilton Manor!!
- CANADIAN HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP GEORGE CHUVALO SET FOR 2014 HALL OF FAME WEEKEND
- Friday is time to shine for M-1 Global light heavyweight champion Viktor Nemkov
- WARREN WINS SAUNDERS-BLANDAMURA PURSE BIDS
- Bruno Escalante to defend IBA Super Flyweight Title against Victor Ruiz April 5
“Road to Rios/Alvarado II” Premieres Saturday, March 16 on HBO
Monday, March 11 – HBO Boxing will present “Road to Rios/Alvarado II,” an all-new special examining the upcoming junior welterweight rematch between Brandon Rios and Mike Alvarado. The two ring warriors engaged in an epic battle in October of 2012 that was one of the year’s top slugfests and most talked about encounters. The highly anticipated rematch will take place on Saturday, March 30 and be televised on HBO Boxing After Dark ®.
The “Road to Rios/Alvarado II” special, which will premiere on HBO on Saturday, March 16 at 12:15 a.m. ET/PT or immediately following the live presentation of World Championship Boxing, will feature a look back at their thrilling October contest as well as all new content including a portrait of both men’s journey from hardscrabble neighborhoods to the highest level of the boxing world.
On October 13, 2012, Brandon “Bam Bam” Rios (31-0-1, 23 KOs) stopped Mike Alvarado (33-1, 23 KOs) in the seventh round of the hotly contested fight. The two sluggers went toe-to-toe in a non-stop, action-packed bout. Having suffered his first professional loss on that warm night in southern California, Alvarado hopes to avenge the loss under the bright lights of the Las Vegas strip at the Mandalay Bay Events Center. Still undefeated, Rios is looking to pick up where he left off to show the boxing world that he is the man to beat at 140-pounds.
The 15-minute special will also be available on the HBO ON DEMAND® and HBO GO® platforms.
Additional HBO replay dates:
Saturday, March 16 at 12:15 a.m.
Sunday, March 17 at 12:30 p.m.
Monday, March 18 at 11:15 p.m.
Friday, March 22 at 8:45 p.m.
Sunday, March 24 at 8:15 a.m.
Monday, March 25 at 7:45 p.m.
Wednesday, March 27 at 12:00 p.m.
Thursday, March 28 at 7:45 p.m.
Friday, March 29 at 12:00 a.m.
Saturday, March 30 at 8:15 a.m.
Additional HBO2 replay dates:
Friday, March 22 at 9:00 a.m.
Tuesday, March 26 at 6:30 p.m.
Wednesday, March 27 at 9:15 p.m.
Sunday, March 31 at 10:45 a.m.
All times are ET/PT.
- Canelo stops Angulo in 10th; Santa Cruz defeats Mijares
- Rustam Nugaev and Roman Morales Victorious on ESPN Friday Night Fights
- Disappointment For Marston, Prince Reigns Supreme, Sensational Ozgul Bros roll on
- Hardy & Paddock Claim Titles in Bumper Night of Boxing Action
- Acourtier ‘Warzone’ Event Review
- Thompson Boxing Promotions “New Blood” Results: Carlson Wins WBC Latino 118 lb. Title
- DeGale defeats Khatchikian in a surprisingly competitive fight
- Bernard Hopkins & Beibut Shumenov Washington D.C. Presser Quotes
- DANNY “SWIFT” GARCIA MAKES HIS GRAND ARRIVAL IN PUERTO RICO
- Andre Berto Cleared by Physician for Light Sparring, to Begin Full Contact in Mid-April
- Scouting Report for Saturday’s Adamek-Glazkov Fight on NBCSN Fight Night
- Huck fractures thumb, March 29th show cancelled
- Carl Froch: The Reluctant Warrior
- WBO no.4 rated Maxwell Awuku seeks Mikey Garcia fight