- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Is Canelo capable of taking the baton from Mayweather to become boxing’s next PPV star?
- Maidana throwing 100 punches per round in training for Mayweather
- Deontay Wilder not worried about Stiverne’s power
- Maidana, Santa Cruz & Angulo quotes ahead of "Mayhem: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2"
- Golovkin with chance to become Cotto’s WBC mandatory if he beats Rubio
- Abraham-Smith: kick-off press conference – quotes
- Kiwitt Back On Home Soil
- Frankie De Alba Headlines on Saturday, October 4 at Valley Forge Casino & Resort
- Undefeated Mexican Future Stars In WBF Title Fights
- STALKER TO FACE JENKINS IN BRITISH TITLE ELIMINATOR ON MAGNIFICENT SEVEN CARD
- Heavyweight hopeful Otto Wallin returns on August 30
Robert Guerrero arrested in New York for attempting to carry a pistol onto a plane
In a potential buzz-kill, WBC interim welterweight champion Robert “The Ghost” Guerrero (31-1-1, 18 KO’s) was arrested earlier today for attempting to board a plane with an unloaded pistol while at New York’s John F. Kennedy Airport.
According to Yahoo Sports, the 29-year-old Guerrero was leaving New York after spending a short period of time promoting his huge blockbuster pay-per-view bout against Floyd Mayweather Jr.
Guerrero was boarding a Delta flight 1429 to Las Vegas at 8:10 a.m. Guerrero attempted to declare the pistol [40 caliber semi-automatic] at the Delta counter, but was arrested. The pistol wasn’t loaded.
The chances of this getting in the way of Guerrero’s fight with Mayweather are likely small given that Guerrero wasn’t attempting to conceal the weapon, and let the people at the Delta counter know that he had it.
Of course, boxing fans are probably going to wonder why Guerrero needed to carry a weapon around with him when visiting New York. He obviously had his reasons. He probably didn’t realize the proper channels one has to go through when transporting a pistol from one location to another.
Guerrero is looking to make history by being the first fighter to defeat Mayweather. Guerrero feels that God has picked him out of all the fighters to humble/defeat Floyd Mayweather, and he sees it as his destiny now.
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Pacquiao to train 7 weeks for Algieri fight
- Ricky Burns looking for 3rd division world title at 140 in 2015
- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Robert Garcia impressed with Algieri’s talent level
- Brandon Rios vs. Ruslan Provodnikov in the works for November
- Alfredo Angulo not worried about September 13th fight against De La Rosa
- Cotto working on selecting his December 13th opponent