Robert Guerrero Firearm Possession Charges Dismissed
NEW YORK, NY, May 14 – Early today, Six-Time and Four-Division World Champion Robert Guerrero appeared in New York State Supreme Court for Queens County where all firearm possession charges were dismissed in connection with his March 28 arrest at John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York City. Guerrero pled guilty to disorderly conduct, a violation and not a crime, was fined $250 and ordered to complete 50 hours of community service which he will be allowed to perform in his home state of California.
Guerrero was arrested on March 28 when checking in his luggage at JFK while returning to training camp in Las Vegas following a press tour in connection with his May 4 fight against Floyd Mayweather. As he was checking in, he made sure to advise authorities that they needed to be aware that he had a firearm, which was unloaded and in a locked safe box within his luggage which was to be checked. Guerrero was carrying no ammunition and was within his legal right to possess such firearm in the state in which he resides.
“I’m pleased that the District Attorney’s Office considered my case carefully and resolved it fairly,” said Guerrero. “I never intended to violate New York law, but I know that ignorance of the law is not an excuse. Lesson learned. I’m happy this incident is behind me and looking forward to returning to the ring as well as serving my community as ordered by the court.”
- Bob Arum: “We’re Willing To Make Anything Happen”
- De La Hoya, Trinidad and Calzaghe all headed into The Hall of Fame – all three greats fully deserving of the honour
- Boxing Hall Of Fame: Class of 2014 Announced in Canastota!
- Granados Hoping to Fight Smarter on December 6. But Things Do Happen
- Beibut Shumenov set to make Golden Boy Promotions debut
- David Price vacates British and Commonwealth titles
- Rigondeaux-Agbeko, Kirkland-Tapia and Macklin-Russ this Saturday on HBO
- Australian Boxing: Zac Dunn Stops Marlon Alta in Five
- Jeff Lacy Returns With Third Round Stoppage
- Travis Kauffman dismantles Barnett in the first round
- Nothing Spoiled in Quebec: Stevenson and Kovalev are Victorious
- Adonis Stevenson – Fighter Of The Year for 2013?
- Gaelle Amand And Nikki Adler Victorious In WBF World Title Fights
- Stevenson obliterates Bellew; Kovalev crushes Sillakh