- Jermain Taylor -- FESSED UP TO SHOOTING COUSIN ... Cops Say
- Earlier Start Time Set for Mayweather vs Maidana 2
- The Mayweather-Pacquiao Business Paradox
- Roy Jones Jr. gives Las Vegas local Chuy first shot at title fight
- Maidana: I hope Mayweather will stand and fight like a man
- Marcos Maidana Interview Transcript
- WBC – Aug. 28, 2014 – Jose Sulaiman Boxers Fund
- GOLDEN BOY LIVE! RETURNS TO FANTASY SPRINGS RESORT CASINO ON OCTOBER 9 HEADLINED BY “RONNY RIOS VS. ROBINSON CASTELLANOS”
- “Cornered: Kenny Bayless” Premieres Tuesday, Sept. 9 on HBO®
- MAYWEATHER PROMOTIONS’ FIGHTER MEDIA WORKOUT QUOTES FOR SATURDAY’S SPECIAL EDITION OF SHOBOX: THE NEW GENERATION
- GOLOVKIN VS. RUBIO, Ticket Details, October 18 StubHub Center
- Red Dawn: Beterbiev vs. Cloud Sept 27 in Montreal
Robles vs. Marks in Classic Clash
SAN DIEGO, CA (March 24, 2013) – San Diego’s premier boxing promoter, Bobby DePhilippi’s and his promotional outfit Bobby D Presents, return on Friday, April 19th, to the long-reigning home of southern California boxing, the Four Points by Sheraton Hotel in San Diego, CA, with his much anticipated “Champions of Tomorrow” fight card. San Diego fight fans are in for a treat in the main event when local super lightweight Emmanuel “Renegade” Robles (7-0, 3KOs) of Imperial Beach, puts his undefeated record as collateral when he faces knock out artist Joshua “Superman” Marks (8-4, 8KOs) of El Centro, CA.
The southpaw Robles is at home at the Four Points by Sheraton Hotel having fought every one of his professional fights at the venue except for his explosive back and forth draw against former San Diego fighter Adrian Vargas. The four round war was one of wills that many saw Robles win. Immediately after that performance DePhilippi’s offered Robles a multi year promotional contract which an emotional Robles’ signed the morning after that fight. “I felt so happy to be signing the contract. I am so thankful to Bobby for giving me the opportunity to represent his company”, stated Robles. Since then Robles has stayed busy and in his last fight on February 21, Robles gave a boxing lesson to experienced veteran Adolfo Landeros, winning every round. The one-sided victory was an impressive feat since Landeros has over seven times the amount of fights than the twenty-two year old Robles.
With dynamite in either fist, Marks is no stranger to San Diego since early last year he waged a war against Lakeside’s Oscar Godoy in one of the best local fights in recent memory. Both men met the canvas early in the fight and in the fifth round as Godoy looked as he was ready to put Marks away, Marks sent the local fighter to the canvas with a solid over hand right. Godoy beat the count but the Imperial Valley fighter was able to stop Godoy in the seventh round. The crowd was so pleased with both mens effort that they gave them a two minute standing ovation at the end of the fight. Now “Superman” looks to add one more of San Diego’s most popular fighting sons to his list of knockouts. Marks said, “Last time I came to San Diego I knocked out one of SD’s best prospects in a war. I will leave San Diego with another knock out win but this time the local boy Ramos or whatever his name is, will be sleeping by the fourth round”.
“As soon as he got off the ring after his last fight Emmanuel told me he wanted to fight Marks next. I just now found out why. These two sparred before Emmanuel’s last fight and things got heated between them, so much that the trainers had to separate them and cancel the session. Words were exchanged and they both called each other out. Emmanuel is a tough kid that posses great boxing skills, a good chin, and good speed. I just hope he can get passed Marks’ raw power”, said DePhilippi’s.
Will “Superman” duplicate his last performance in San Diego and knock out Robles? Or will the “Renegade” prove to be kryptonite and hold off the power of Marks and pass his toughest test in his career?
Five bout undercard which will feature local fighters will be announced soon.
The Four Points by Sheraton Hotel is located at 8110 Aero Drive, San Diego (next to Montgomery Field). The “Champions of Tomorrow” event is sponsored by the MOSSY AUTO GROUP, FILIPPI’S PIZZA GROTTO, PEPSI, EL LATINO NEWSPAPER and ISLAND SQUEEZE. For more information or to purchase tickets, please visit www.SanDiegoFights.com or call (619) 420-8866. Tickets are also available at the hotel gift store.
- Comanche Boy Cruises To Victory Over Tracy Sneed
- Shannon Briggs destroys Cory Phelps in 1st round TKO
- Don “Da Bomb” George claims IBO Super Middleweight Belt
- Mhlongo & Mlotshwa Impressive In WBF Title Fight Victories
- Results from Friday’s “New Blood” Event in Corona, CA
- Trout gets off the canvas and back into the win column
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Andre Berto Eyes Impressive Showing in September 6 Ring Return
- Marcos Maidana Interview Transcript
- Mexican Boxing Legends Talk Marcos Maidana
- Nonito Donaire vs. Nicholas Walters on October 18th at StubHub Center, Carson, California
- Exciting Times for Randy Petalcorin
- Golovkin-Rubio “Mexican Style” Kick Off
- Jermain Taylor — FESSED UP TO SHOOTING COUSIN … Cops Say