- Garcia, Salka, Lamont Peterson & More Conference Call Transcript
- SADAM ALI, ANTHONY PETERSON, MARCUS BROWNE AND SEVERAL HOT PROSPECTS TAKE TO THE RING AUG. 9
- LAMONT PETERSON, ANTHONY PETERSON AND D’MITRIUS BALLARD WASHINGTON D.C. MEDIA WORKOUT QUOTES
- MANUEL “TINO” AVILA RETURNS HOME AGAINST UNBEATEN JUNIOR FEATHERWEIGHT SERGIO FRIAS ON FOX SPORTS 1 AND FOX DEPORTES’ GOLDEN BOY LIVE! SERIES FRIDAY, AUGUST 22
- Rod Salka, Edgar Santana & Jarrod Fletcher Relish Chance To Shock The World On Aug. 9 At Barclays Center
- Harley Davidson San Diego to hold Thompson Boxing Promotions “Path to Glory SD Style” Aug. 16
Rocky Martinez in good shape for Diego Magdaleno on April 6th in China
DORADO, PUERTO RICO- Puerto Rican Roman “Rocky” Martinez, the World Boxing Organization (WBO) junior lightweight champion, showed today his training in a media day for his upcoming bout on April 6 against unbeaten Diego Magdaleno at the Venetian Casino & Resort in Macao, China in a Top Rank presentation to be broadcasted on HBO2.
Martinez (26-1-2, 16 KOs), who won for the second time the WBO 130 pounds belt on September 15, 2012, when he beat Miguel Beltran Jr. by split decision in Las Vegas, trained for the media today at the Dorado Municipal Gym with his trainer Raul “Papo” Torres and also trainer Dennis Pantoja, who will be with them in China. The 30 years old fighter worked in stretching exercises, shadows and then make five padding rounds with Pantoja, showing his strength with hard and accurate shots, and an excellent stamina. Also, Martinez hit the speed bag and jumped the rope.
“This training camp has been one of the best of my career”. Martinez said. “I think that as I have been active, fighting, that’s helping me and I’m feeling in great condition and ready for this fight”.
In Magdaleno (23-0, 9 KOs), Martinez will face a southpaw and undefeated fighter who is the #1 ranked in the junior lightweight division. His last fight was in August, 2012, when he knocked out veteran Antonio Davis.
“He (Magdaleno) is a boxer with good movements, with fast hands, who comes forward, but is a technical boxer too. I just say that I’m ready for Magdaleno”, Martinez, who ended his training between 133 and 134 pounds, said.
Martinez and his team are going to travel to China on Sunday, March 31.
Besides the Martinez vs Magdaleno clash, will be in action Brian Viloria (32-3, 19 KOs) defending his WBO flyweight title against Juan Francisco Estrada (22-2, 18 KOs), the debut of two time Olympic Gold Medalist Zou Shiming, from China, fighting against Eleazar Valenzuela (2-1-2, 1 KOs), and former WBO superbatnamweight champion Wilfredo Vazquez Jr. (22-2-1, 19 KOs) will defend his WBO International superbantamweight belt against Yasutaka Ishimoto (21-6, 5 KOs).
- Damien Hooper beats Casey
- German commission (BDB) changes result: Hammer vs. Mathis a “no contest”
- Carlos Carlson Retains WBC Latino Bantamweight Title at “Locked n Loaded” Ontario, CA
- Dusty Hernandez-Harrison Dominates At Madison Square Garden
- GGG – a modest definition of danger?
- Gennady Golovkin – The Real Deal Destroys Daniel “The Real Deal” Geale
- Bryant Jennings Gets Title Shot With Victory; Geale Loses in Spirited Effort
- Kovalev “The Krusher” back on the Boardwalk & Rios vs Chaves potential FOTY
- Broner, Matthysse & Berto Featured Sept. 6 On SHOWTIME In Cincinnati
- Kovalev-Caparello Final Press Conference Quotes
- Wladimir Klitschko and Kubrat Pulev sell out the O2 Arena in Hamburg, Germany
- Austin Trout: “I’m ready to get back to the top.”
- Live Stream: Kovalev vs. Caparello Final Press Conference
- Flaws of Boxing