Rodriguez Jr., to take on Ramsey in battle of unbeaten prospects on July 27th!!!
Saturday night, July 27th at Schuetzen Park in North Bergen, New Jersey, undefeated welterweight sensation, Juan “The Beast” Rodriguez Jr. (11-0, 5KO’s), looks to win the biggest fight of his professional career, when he squares off against fellow unbeaten contender Zack Ramsey (4-0, 3KO’s) in the six round main event of the blockbuster card promoted by Andre Kut’s KEA Boxing Promotions.
Rodriguez Jr., of nearby Union City, New Jersey has become well known for his give and take style, which has made him a local fan favorite. Now he must step it up to really get national recognition. The fight with undefeated Zack Ramsey is the first step in that process.
“I have been training really hard and I am in the best shape of my career,” stated Rodriguez Jr. The fight with undefeated prospects like Ramsey will show that I am ready for the next level. ”
Rodriguez has beaten the more experienced journeymen, including Dontre King, Daniel Crabtree and Greg “Hot Shot” Hackett as he moved up the ladder. In his last bout on April 13th, the rising welterweight used heavy body shots to force upset minded Emmanuel Medina (3-3-1) to retire in his corner after only three rounds.
Standing in his way on July 27th is an undefeated prospect named Zack Ramsey (4-0, 3KO’s) of Springfield, Massachusetts. Ramsey was a storied amateur in the New England area, with a nearly perfect record of 96-4. In his last bout, Ramsey slipped by twenty-four fight veteran, Bryan Abraham, scoring a six round majority decision victory.
Rodriquez knows a win over Zack Ramsey will springboard him to even better fights. “I don’t know much about Ramsey, but my team has a game plan. We have been working on several things and I can’t wait for fight night, stated Rodriguez.
Come out to Schuetzen Park on Saturday night,” commented a jubilant Rodriguez Jr. “I plan to put on an explosive performance in the ring. It will be like the fourth of July, as fireworks will be flying in the ring.”
Also, a special women’ championship bout will be on the card as Nydia “Da Phenominal” Feliciano (6-4-3) squares off with Crystal Hoy (5-5-3, 2KO’s) for the IWBF bantamweight title. The co-feature on the evening will be a six round contest featuring the fighting fireman Patrick “Paddy Boy” Farrell (8-2-1, 4KO’s).
Tickets for this great night of boxing are priced at
$75 preferred reserved
$55 General Admission
Tickets can be purchased on PayPal at www.KEABoxing.com or by calling 973-903-2907.
Doors open: 6:30 PM
First fight: 7:30 PM
- Barker vs Sturm – Weigh-In Video
- Ricky Boylan Interview
- Malingaggi vs. Judah & Trout vs. Lara: Four highly skilled fighters two 50-50 fights
- Liam Cullen Interview
- Enzo Maccarinelli faces Courtney Fry on Saturday
- Rigondeaux vs. Agbeko & Tapia vs. Kirkland: Return of the 122 King and a classic prospect versus vet matchup
- Malignaggi eyes Broner rematch as he takes on ‘explosive’ Judah in intense ‘derby
- Ivan Pereyra Wins WBF Intercontinental Title In Mexico
- Boyd Melson dominates King in Gotham City!
- Broadway Boxing: Melson Beats King, Rosa Handles Wilson Easily
- Australian Boxing: Zac Dunn Stops Marlon Alta in Five
- Jeff Lacy Returns With Third Round Stoppage
- Travis Kauffman dismantles Barnett in the first round
- Nothing Spoiled in Quebec: Stevenson and Kovalev are Victorious