- Beamen Ready to Rule!
- Sampson Boxing Reaches Promotional Agreement with Canada’s Tyson Cave
- Joey Dawejko scores 2nd consecutive 1st round knockout
- Heavyweight Prospect LaRon Mitchell Signs w/ Thompson Boxing; Fights this Friday on “Path to Glory”
- “Bad” Chad Dawson returns to Foxwoods resort casino on October 4th
- GOLOVKIN 165, RUBIO 174.5 AT 30-DAY WBC WEIGH IN
‘Rodríguez vs Quijano’ this Saturday in Cataño, PR
Today in Cataño, Puerto Rico was held the last press conference of the boxing event ‘Rodríguez vs Quijano’, event that will to take place this Saturday, December 21 at the Coliseum Cosme Beitia Salamo. The boxing card is produced by the new company “FRESH BOXING” ( promoter Juan Orengo )
10 exciting boxing bouts will complete the card.
In the main event, Puerto Rican hot prospect, Emmanuel ‘Manny’ Rodriguez ( 7-0, 5 KO’s ) of Vega Baja will face former world title challenger, David Quijano ( 15-3-1 , 9 KO’s ) of Caguas in a scheduled eight-round bout in the super flyweight division ( 115 lbs ).
“I’m happy because my parents traveled to Puerto Rico to watch my fight. We know it’s a tough fight that we were looking for a while. We know he’s going to fight very hard so do I. Expect the best from me on Saturday” said ‘Manny’ Rodriguez, who trains under the tutelage of Felix Pagán Pintor and former world champion, Ivan Calderon in Guaynabo, PR.
‘Manny’ became the first Puerto Rican to win an Olympic gold medal in a youth tournament ( Singapore 2010 ). He also won silver medal at the 2010 World Youth Championships in Azerbaijan, 2011 Puerto Rican National Champion, won 2009 José ” Cheo” Aponte International Tournament, among other achievements .
” Everyone knows my quality, and ‘Manny’ hopefully will be ready too. I hope the fans can get an exciting fight and go home happy because I ‘m always in top form and this Saturday will be no exception. I’M going to end Manny’s undefeated streak” said David Quijano , who last fought in December 2012 against WBO superflyweight world champion, Omar Narvaez , losing the Puerto Rican by unanimous decision in a fight held in Argentina .
In June 2012 , Quijano captured the WBO superflyweight Latino title of 115 pounds defeating via TKO in the tenth round, Juanito Rubillar and in 2010 , he won the WBC USNBC superflyweight title over Miguel Robles by split decision .
The co-feature fight is a personal quarrel between Jesus ‘ Chiquito ‘ Soler ( 4-1 , 2 KO’s ) and Emmanuel ‘Popeye ‘ Ramirez (6-0 , 4 KO’s ), who will fight in a 6 round match at 112 pounds .
In other bouts : Prichard ‘ Digget ‘ Colon ( 4-0 , 4 KO’s ) vs. Jonathan Garcia ( 3-6, 1 KO’s ) in a 6 rounds, super- welterweight division, Kenneth Rivera (4-1, 3 KO’s ) vs. Eliezer Agosto ( 2-3, 2 KO’s ) 6 rounds at 126 pounds , Jonathan Kuilan ( 4-0-1 , 3 KO’s ) vs. Joseph Santos ( 0-3 ) 4 rounds, 118 pounds . More 4 rounds fights, Anthony Mercado ( 4-0 , 4 KO’s ) vs Henry Lopez ( 0-1) at welterweights. In middleweights Carlos “Macho Lopez (2-1-1 , 2 KO’s ) vs. Jesus Cruz (1-1-1 ) at 4 rounds. Debutants duel Nicholas Colella vs Hector Velez. At 140 pounds, debutant Luis Alvarez vs Emmanuel Class ( 0-1) and Julian Valerio (debutant 154lbs ) vs. William Lorenzo (2-14 ).
- Salido defeats Kokietgym in war
- Wizardry: Palacios overcomes layoff to dominate Mendoza!
- Chuy Gutierrez wins first title Saturday in Las Vegas
- Groves back with a unanimous decision verdict to claim European crown and WBC mandatory position
- Dargan & Mchunu Walk Away With NABF Titles
- Groves defeats Rebrasse, now WBC mandatory for Dirrell
- Cletus Seldin blasts out Gil!