- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Bernard Hopkins Vs. Beibut Shumenov: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- McDonnell lands dream World title fight at Wembley
- Thompson Boxing Promotions Presents “Loaded” card featuring Efrain Esquivias, Giovani Santillan, & Jose Roman
- “The Fight Game With Jim Lampley” Debuts Saturday, April 19 on HBO
- WSB: Daniel Asenov is the hero of the day
- AFN To Carry Tomorrow Night’s ShoBox Tripleheader With Sammy Vasquez
- Peltz Signs Thomas LaManna
Roger Mayweather: Pacquiao needs to beat Bradley to create interest for Floyd fight
Trainer Roger Mayweather believes that for Manny Pacquiao (55-5-2, 38 KO’s) to attract a lot of interest in a Pacquiao vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr. fight in the future, he needs to defeat WBO welterweight champion Tim Bradley (31-0, 12 KO’s).
Roger thinks a win over Bradley will get boxing fans excited for the Pacquiao-Mayweather bout because Roger thinks that fans really like Bradley. I’m not sure if that’s actually the case, to tell you the truth. A win over Pacquiao over Bradley would say about as much as a win for Pacquiao over Brandon Rios. There are better fighters at 147 than Bradley, and I wouldn’t be surprised if he were knocked out if he were to ever face Ruslan Provodnikov again.
I’d favor Adrien Broner, Marcos Maidana, Keith Thurman, Devon Alexander, Kell Brook, Amir Khan, Robert Guerrero and of course Floyd Mayweather Jr. to all defeat Tim Bradley. You can throw Provodnikov’s name in the pile as well, even though he’s not a welterweight. As for the light welterweights, I’d favor Danny Garcia and Lucas Matthysse to beat Bradley, and I think Zab Judah would give Bradley a huge run for his money in a life and death fight for Bradley.
Roger told Hustleboss “He [Pacquiao] can fight Bradley; that’s a good fight for Him. Timothy Bradley is a good fight for him. I think he’s going to give Pacquiao problems anyway. And people are going to point to that as a thing to fight Floyd. That’s the kind of bout that would bring Pacquiao back, because Timothy Bradley has a good name.”
I think fans are going to want Pacquiao to fight Mayweather no matter who Bob Arum digs up for Pacquiao to fight. We just saw Pacquiao beat a fighter coming off of a loss in Brandon Rios, and already fans are crying for the Pacquiao-Mayweather fight.
There’s nothing golden about Bradley that will make fans want to see a Pacquiao-Mayweather fight anymore than they do right now. I think fans would be more interested in seeing a match-up between them if Pacquiao were to fight and beat someone that’s actually good like Saul “Canelo” Alvarez or one of the names that I mentioned. But Bradley, he got exposed badly by Provodnikov last March, and then he ran from 40-year-old Juan Manuel Marquez for 12 rounds to beat him by a 12 round decision last October.
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity
- ShoBox: The New Generation Final Weights & Quotes For Friday’s Iron Mike Productions Tripleheader
- Final press conference quotes for “History at the capitol: Bernard Hopkins vs. Beibut Shumenov”
- The British Invader: Steed “The Stallion” Woodall
- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather’s Power
- Maidana doesn’t have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money