- IRON BOY PROMOTIONS PARTNERS WITH TOP RANK BOXING TO PRESENT IRON BOY 15
- WBC – Aug. 28, 2014 – Jose Sulaiman Boxers Fund
- GOLDEN BOY LIVE! RETURNS TO FANTASY SPRINGS RESORT CASINO ON OCTOBER 9 HEADLINED BY “RONNY RIOS VS. ROBINSON CASTELLANOS”
- “Cornered: Kenny Bayless” Premieres Tuesday, Sept. 9 on HBO®
- MAYWEATHER PROMOTIONS’ FIGHTER MEDIA WORKOUT QUOTES FOR SATURDAY’S SPECIAL EDITION OF SHOBOX: THE NEW GENERATION
- GOLOVKIN VS. RUBIO, Ticket Details, October 18 StubHub Center
Roman “Rocky” Martinez ready for Juan Carlos Burgos bout
DORADO, PUERTO RICO- World Boxing Organization (WBO) junior lightweight champion, Roman “Rocky” Martinez, made today his last training for the media in Puerto Rico, one week before his fight against the #1 contender Juan Carlos Burgos on Saturday, January 19 at The Theatre Madison Square Garden in New York, in a Top Rank presentation to be broadcasted on HBO.
Martinez (26-1-1, 16 KOs), who won for the second time the WBO 130 pounds belt on September 15, 2012, when he beat Miguel Beltran Jr. by split decision in Las Vegas, trained for the media today at the Dorado Municipal Gym with his trainer Raul “Papo” Torres and Freddie Trinidad. The Vega Baja native made four rounds of gloves with Trinidad showing good defensive skills and fast hands in the attack. Martinez also worked in floor exercises, shadows, jump the rope and hit the bags.
“We have been working hard for this fight against Burgos because we know he is a good fighter and slick. But I’m better than for the fight against Miguel Beltran”, Martinez said after the gloves with Trinidad. “We have a plan for this fight, but we are ready for all Burgos bring”.
The fight versus Burgos (30-1, 19 KOs), a former featherweight world title challenger is one of an HBO triple-header presented by Top Rank, headlined by the WBO featherweight champion Orlando “Siri” Salido (38-11-2, 26 KOs) defending his crown against Miguel Ángel “Mikey” Garcia (29-0, 25 KOs) and WBA middleweight champion Gennady “GGG” Golovkin (24-0, 21 KOs) against Gabriel “Gabe” Rosado (21-5, 13 KOs).
Martinez, who will to travel to New York next Tuesday, January, 15, made 115 rounds of sparring for this bout.
Puerto Rican sensation, former Olympian Felix “El Diamante” Verdejo (1-0) will make his second professional fight in this show. Verdejo will face an opponent to be announced in a four round junior lightweight bout.
- Comanche Boy Cruises To Victory Over Tracy Sneed
- Shannon Briggs destroys Cory Phelps in 1st round TKO
- Don “Da Bomb” George claims IBO Super Middleweight Belt
- Mhlongo & Mlotshwa Impressive In WBF Title Fight Victories
- Results from Friday’s “New Blood” Event in Corona, CA
- Trout gets off the canvas and back into the win column
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Andre Berto Eyes Impressive Showing in September 6 Ring Return
- Marcos Maidana Interview Transcript
- Mexican Boxing Legends Talk Marcos Maidana
- Nonito Donaire vs. Nicholas Walters on October 18th at StubHub Center, Carson, California
- Exciting Times for Randy Petalcorin
- Golovkin-Rubio “Mexican Style” Kick Off
- Jermain Taylor — FESSED UP TO SHOOTING COUSIN … Cops Say