- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Pacquiao to train 7 weeks for Algieri fight
- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Cotto working on selecting his December 13th opponent
- Klitschko working with 15 sparring partners to get ready for Pulev
- Robert Garcia impressed with Algieri's talent level
- MIKE TYSON PRESENTS BIG TEXAS THROWDOWN!! September 26, Mesquite TX
- Joe Ward: “I’m thankful that AIBA gave me the opportunity to be involved in APB”
- Shoulder injury forces Nicola Adams out of the 2014 Women’s Boxing World Championships in South Korea
- Undefeated lightweight contender Ivan Redkach Now trained by Robert Garcia
- Masternak joins forces with legendary German coach Wegner
- Trout vs Dawson Weigh-In Photos
Ruslan Provodnikov arrives in LA to begin training camp to take on Mike Alvarado
Ruslan Provodnikov has landed in Los Angeles to begin training camp for his much anticipated showdown with WBO Jr. Welterweight champion Mike Alvarado that will take place on Saturday, October 19th at First Bank Arena in Denver, Colorado.
The bout will be live on HBO’s Championship boxing and is promoted by Top Rank and Banner Promotions.
Provodnikov will be training at the Wild Card Gym under the watchful eye of Hall of Fame trainer Freddie Roach.
Provodnikov of Beryozovo, Russia has a record of 22-2 with fifteen knockouts and has become 2013’s breakout star. He won his first seventeen bouts with wins over Emanuel Augustus and former world champion Javier Juaragui. Since suffering his first pro defeat, Provodnikov went on terrific run of five straight wins over the likes of undefeated Ivan Popoca, former world champion DeMarcus Corley, David Torres and Jose Reynoso before his memorable March 16, 2013 clash with undefeated WBO Welterweight champion Timothy Bradley.
Provodnikov will be fighting for a world title for a second consecutive fight.
“Since the Bradley fight, everyone in boxing, from the fans to the networks have been waiting the return of Ruslan”, said Banner Promotions CEO Arthur Pelullo.
“Then when rumors of a possible fight with Alvarado started to surface, our office has been flooded with calls to find out the details. Now I can safely say that this can’t miss fight is on and we know that Ruslan will shine once again on October 19th”.
Said Ruslan Provodnikov, “I am very happy that Alvarado finally agreed to the fight”.
“I think this will be an unforgettable fight and I promise I will not disappoint my fans”.
“We have been waiting for this for a long time”, said Provodnikov’s manager Vadim Kornilov.
“This is another opportunity for Ruslan. I think the fight will decide who is the real player in the Jr. Welterweight division and the true WBO champion”
Alvarado of Denver has a record of 34-1 with 23 knockouts and will be making the first defense of the title he won on March 30th in his thrilling twelve round unanimous decision victory over Brandon Rios in a rematch of their back and forth slugfest in 2012.
Alvarado has wins over the likes of Carlos Molina, Michael Clark, Ray Narh and Breidis Prescott.
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Goosen gives Deontay Wilder a good chance of beating Stiverne
- Mayweather hopes Khan fight will happen in 2015
- Austin Trout in a make or break fight tonight against Daniel Dawson
- Sam Soliman vs. Jermain Taylor to be televised by ESPN2 on October 8th
- Abner Mares signs with Al Haymon
- Lucian Bute in action on 12/6 at Bell Centre in Montreal, Canada
- Hearn wants to schedule Brook-Khan fight for the summer in 2015