- Maidana: First I’m going to give Mayweather a beating, and then I’m going to KO him
- Anthony Joshua sparring with Wladimir to get him ready for Kubrat Pulev fight
- Maidana, Santa Cruz & Angulo quotes ahead of "Mayhem: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2"
- Maidana doubts Mayweather can improve from previous fight
- Roach: Algieri isn’t in Pacquiao’s class
- Golovkin vs. Rubio, October 18 at StubHub Center
- WBO VISITS BOXING GYMS IN PUERTO RICO TO HAND OUT PREPAID CARDS TO STUDENT-BOXERS
- How World Champion Sindy Amador Developed her Love for the Sweet Science
- Joey Dawejko headlines on Friday, September 19 at Harrahs Philadelphia
- NEW TRAINER CONFIDENT IN MIKE JONES RETURN THIS SATURDAY
- Brook receives Lord Mayor’s welcome home on Friday
- MANCHESTER VERSUS LIVERPOOL BATTLE FOR THE ENGLISH TITLE
Saleta stops Andrew Golota in the 6th round!
By Bill Phanco: We may have seen the end of Polish heavyweight Andrew Golota’s career tonight with him losing Przemyslaw Saleta (44-7. 22 KO’s) by a 6th round knockout in a battle of rusty, aging Polish heavyweights at the Ergo Arena, Plac Dwóch Miast 1, 80-344 Gdańsk, Gdansk, Poland.
The 44-year-old Saleta, fighting for the first time since 2006, unloaded with a storm of shots in the 6th round that ended with the 44-year-old Golota hitting the canvas. The fight was then stopped by referee Leszek Jankowiak.
At this point it’s unknown if Golota will retire, but it’s difficult to imagine what he can hope to accomplish. If he can’t beat a fighter coming off of a seven-year layoff like Saleta then what are his chances against a younger more relevant heavyweight?
Golota still has good power, but his hand speed has really deteriorated from age, and he was never quick to begin with. Saleta reportedly will be going back in retirement after this victory.
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Kell Brook’s trainer doesn’t want him to take an easy fight on December 6th
- Is Canelo capable of taking the baton from Mayweather to become boxing’s next PPV star?
- Deontay Wilder not worried about Stiverne’s power
- Shannon Briggs vs. Cory Phelps this Saturday in Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- Hearn hinting Khan may need to be B-side against Brook
- Loeffler sees Rubio as tough test for Golovkin