- Lara: After Canelo, I want Mayweather
- Iron Mike Productions: "Judgement Day" - Live Tonight on FoxSports1 (8ET/5PT)
- Mikey Garcia: Lara could out-box Canelo
- Let's give Jesús the Space He's Earned
- "I Don’t Owe Alvarez Anything Other Than Left Hands!” Blasts Lara
- Weights From Miami, Florida: Argenis Mendez, 129.8 vs. Rances Bathelemy 130
- All Access: Canelo vs. Lara – Episode 2 – Full Episode
- Boxeo TELEMUNDO Ford Summer Series Starts July 18
- Tony Luis to Face Wanzell Ellison on “ShoBox: The New Generation” 200th Episode on Friday, July 25
- Chris Martin vs. Efrain Esquivias Collide, Friday, July 25
- Undefeated prospects Rodriguez and Whitaker top fight card at Wolff Stadium in San Antonio, TX, on August 30th
- Bellew: When I fight Cleverly, I’ll retire him
Sampson Boxing Inks Upcoming Title Challenger Jesus Marcelo Cuellar
Sampson Boxing Chief Sampson Lewkowicz is proud to announce that yesterday, he signed Buenos Aires, Argentina, featherweight contender Jesus Marcelo Cuellar (22-1, 18 KOs) to an exclusive promotional contract.
The 26-year-old southpaw Cuellar will make his first appearance under the Sampson Boxing banner on August 23, when he takes on the Dominican Republic’s Claudio Marrero (14-0, 11 KOs) in a 12-round battle for the Interim WBA World Featherweight Championship at the Turning Stone Resort & Casino in Verona, New York, and live on ESPN Friday Night Fights.
Cuellar vs. Marrero will serve as the televised co-main event to the 12-round Argenis Mendez vs. Arash Usmanee clash for the IBF Super Featherweight Championship. The event will be the first promotional venture for all-time boxing great Mike Tyson.
The current Argentina (FAB) Featherweight and Interim WBA Fedelatin Featherweight Champion, Cuellar now joins the promotional stable of the only man to ever defeat him, Oscar Escandon.
In 2011, Cuellar dropped down in weight to face the Colombian KO artist Escandon, but eventually dehydration and exhaustion took its toll in round seven. Cuellar remains undefeated at featherweight.
“I am very happy to welcome such an excellent fighter as Jesus Marcelo Cuellar to my stable,” said Lewkowicz. “Thank you to ESPN for continuing to make such competitive fights with world-class fighters. They are building boxing’s fan base by putting out such high-quality events every week. In addition to Cuellar’s fight, Oscar Escandon is fighting against Nehomar Cermeno for the interim WBA World Super Bantamweight Championship on August 10 at the Megapolis Center in the Hard Rock Hotel Panama City. I have complete faith that by the end of August, I will have two new champions.”
Cuellar’s advisor, Sebastian Contursi who also works with Marcos Maidana, is an old friend of Lewkowicz and brought him to the well-known promoter. “I’m very happy to be joining forces with a great promoter like Sampson on this excellent fighter,” he said, “and I look forward to many great fights in the future.”
“I am very proud to be joining such a great promotional family and I look forward to winning my first world championship next month for my family and all the people who have helped me to get there,” said Jesus Cuellar.
- Cameron Hammond outpoints Argentina’s Alfredo Rodolfo Blanco
- Ruslan Chagaev wins “Regular” WBA heavyweight title with majority decision win over Fres Oquendo
- Farenas stops Davis in 8th Dib & Martin win decisions
- Williams, Vincent remain unbeaten through tough battles on undercard of ESPN showcase
- Tori Nelson retains title in Baltimore!
- Younan And Cruz Stay Unbeaten At Foxwoods
- De Alba wins 11th in a row with 5th round stoppage over Batres
- Alvarez vs. Lara – A fight for Alvarez to lose
- Canelo-Lara Fight Week Coverage – Presser
- Mayweather vs. Maidana II Set For Sept. 13 Live on SHO PPV
- Canelo Alvarez vs. Erislandy Lara: Winner enters elite ranks
- Bradley Up For A Miguel Cotto Fight
- Alvarez vs Lara Final Press Conference Quotes
- Let’s give Jesús the Space He’s Earned