Sampson Lewkowicz to Sponsor Boxing Seminar in Uruguay
Continuing to be part of the development and growth of boxing in Uruguay, promoter Sampson Lewkowicz and Sampson Boxing will sponsor a boxing referee and judging seminar on the 18th and 19th of July in Paysandú, Uruguay.
The seminar will be conducted by well-respected and world-renowned official Raul Caiz Sr. of the United States, a man with a vast international and world championship experience as a referee and judge, and will consist of two intensive four-hour sessions on Thursday and one on Friday morning.
“We want to improve Uruguayan Boxing and cooperate with CUBAP (Uruguayan Amateur and Professional Boxing Commission), a commission with no prejudice and with interesting goals for the future,” stated Lewkowicz, the man behind the participation of Caiz Sr. in Uruguay.
Caiz Sr.’s presence will allow for the analyzing of all aspects related to the duties of a referee and judge. Footage of unusual circumstances during a bout will be shown and explained, with participants able to reach their own conclusions and discuss them with Caiz Sr., further developing their knowledge of the sport and skills as boxing referees and judges.
Raul Caiz Sr. began his career in 1986 has approximately 300 bouts under his belt, 93 of which have been for some form of World or International Title. He has officiated bouts that featured such greats as Marco Antonio Barrera, Sergio “Maravilla” Martinez and Floyd Mayweather Jr. just to name a few.
On Saturday, July 20, 2013, promoter Sampson Lewkowicz of Sampson Boxing will make his triumphant return to his homeland of Uruguay, South America, for a night of world championship boxing at Estadio “8 de Junio” in the City of Paysandu.
The exciting event will be headlined by a 10-round WBA female lightweight Championship bout between defending champion Cecilia “La Reina” Comunales (10-1, 6 KOs) of Paysandu, Uruguay, and Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic’s Marisol “Sondora” Reyes (11-6-1, 5 KOs).
This will be the second defense for beautiful 24-year-old Comunales, a national hero in Uruguay and major celebrity. This will be the second world title challenge for the 33-year-old Reyes, who lost a bid in 2012 to Dahiana Santana. She has won four straight since then.
Also scheduled that night is 10-round super featherweight battle between WBA and IBF #15-rated contender Israel “Cachito” Perez (25-2-1, 14 KOs) of Buenos Aires, Argentina, and respected veteran Francisco “El Ahogado” Lorenzo (39-11, 17 KOs) of San Cristobal, Dominican Republic.
On the undercard, WBC #6 and IBF #13 super flyweight Javier “Chispita” Chacon (18-1, 4 KOs) of Las Heras, Argentina, will appear, as will Dominican light welterweight Jose Abreu (3-0, 1 KO) against Pozo del Molle, Argentina’s Jose Carlos “Puro” Paz (4-1, 2 KOs) in a six-rounder.
In the opening bout, Las Vegas featherweight Rocco Santomauro (9-0) will return from injury to fight for the first time in Uruguay, proudly flying the flag of his father’s Uruguayan ancestry.
- When enough is not enough
- Stevens – Majewski, Mchunu – Wilson Begin NBCSN Fight 2014 With a Bang
- Diaz vs. Ellison headlining 50 Cent’s Big Apple Boxing show Dec. 20
- Undefeated David Rodriguez ready for redemption at resorts AC
- Mike Tyson’s blue-chip welterweight prospect Erickson Lubin is future of boxing
- Will Agbeko Perform Better Than Donaire Against Rigondeaux?
- WBC News
- Broadway Boxing: Melson Beats King, Rosa Handles Wilson Easily
- Australian Boxing: Zac Dunn Stops Marlon Alta in Five
- Jeff Lacy Returns With Third Round Stoppage
- Travis Kauffman dismantles Barnett in the first round
- Nothing Spoiled in Quebec: Stevenson and Kovalev are Victorious
- Adonis Stevenson – Fighter Of The Year for 2013?
- Gaelle Amand And Nikki Adler Victorious In WBF World Title Fights