- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Pacquiao to train 7 weeks for Algieri fight
- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Cotto working on selecting his December 13th opponent
- Klitschko working with 15 sparring partners to get ready for Pulev
- Robert Garcia impressed with Algieri's talent level
- 2nd Installment of Tuesday Night Fights to take place on September 16 at the 2300 Arena in Philadelphia
- MIKE TYSON PRESENTS BIG TEXAS THROWDOWN!! September 26, Mesquite TX
- Joe Ward: “I’m thankful that AIBA gave me the opportunity to be involved in APB”
- Shoulder injury forces Nicola Adams out of the 2014 Women’s Boxing World Championships in South Korea
- Undefeated lightweight contender Ivan Redkach Now trained by Robert Garcia
- Masternak joins forces with legendary German coach Wegner
Satchell And Flannigan Get Blackpool Send-Off After Signing With BoxNation
Boxing fans will get the last chance to see British and Commonwealth flyweight champion, Kevin Satchell, and Prizefighter winner, Terry Flannigan, on a VIP Promotions show on Friday November 15, after the pair were recently snapped up by Frank Warren and BoxNation TV.
The duo will form part of a top-draw card at the Blackpool Winter Gardens, along with Amir Khan’s brother Haroon and local man Jack Arnfield taking on Max Maxwell. While the whole show will be streamed live and free on VIPBOXING.TV, with VIP hoping to beat their previous best of over 15,000 viewers.
Unbeaten in 11 outings, Liverpool’s Satchell has proved sensational after stopping local rival Paul Edwards for the Commonwealth crown, and then finishing former champ Chris Edwards for the British title last year. The 25-year-old has since defended both belts and will be looking to conquer Europe next.
Former English super-featherweight king Flannigan, meanwhile, is looking strong at 21-0. The Mancunian has Prizefighter wins over former British champions Derry Matthews and Gary Sykes on his ledger, and in April this year ‘Turbo’ beat former world lightweight champion Nate Campbell inside the distance.
“Kevin and Terry are two of the best young boxers in Britain,” stated VIP head, Steve Wood. “They are both exciting to watch and when you look at the names that they have on their records it just shows their quality.
“They’ve both been overlooked by SKY TV in the past, but I’m delighted that Frank Warren has signed them up to BoxNation TV which is a dedicated boxing channel and will give them the exposure they deserve.
“We’re on a high at VIP Promotions, we’re producing champions all the time, and it’s fantastic to see Kevin and Terry get the rewards for their hard work and commitment. I believe both these lads can be world champions and can’t wait to get working with BoxNation on the path to ensuring they get their chances.
“The Winter Gardens is one of the UK’s best boxing venues and this show is top quality. It’s a going to be an exciting evening and some tickets are still available. If you can’t get along then go to VIPBOXING.TV and watch live and free on the night.”
VIP Promotions presents Jack Arnfield versus Max Maxwell at the Blackpool Winter Gardens on November 15. The quality undercard will feature Bolton’s Haroon Khan; Lancaster’s Tomi Tatham; Cumbria’s Rick Skelton; Morecambe’s Isaac Lowe; Bolton heavyweight Paul Drago; Accrington’s Adam Machaj; Holyhead’s Mark Evans; Liverpool’s Dean Swanson and James Metcalf; Southport’s Scott Moonan; Derbyshire’s Jack Massey; Preston’s Dean Halsall, and Bristol’s Michael Ramabeletsa. Debutant Ian Hallsop from St. Helens will also appear.
The show will be streamed live and free on VIPBOXING.TV
Tickets, priced at £30 (General) and £60 (Ringside), are available from all boxers or at http://www.vipbe.co.uk
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Goosen gives Deontay Wilder a good chance of beating Stiverne
- Mayweather hopes Khan fight will happen in 2015
- Austin Trout in a make or break fight tonight against Daniel Dawson
- Sam Soliman vs. Jermain Taylor to be televised by ESPN2 on October 8th
- Abner Mares signs with Al Haymon
- Lucian Bute in action on 12/6 at Bell Centre in Montreal, Canada
- Hearn wants to schedule Brook-Khan fight for the summer in 2015