- Collazo wants Khan on Mayweather-Maidana undercard
- MGM Grand in Las Vegas selected as official site for Mayweather vs. Maidana mega-fight Saturday, May 3 live on Showtime PPV®
- Broner: I'm ready to beat the f*** out of Amir Khan!
- Solis to face Tony Thompson for the WBC international championship on March 22nd
- "TOE TO TOE: CANELO VS. ANGULO" FINAL PRESS CONFERENCE QUOTES
- JOSHUA CLOTTEY heads to Australia for Showdown with ANTHONY MUNDINE on April 2
- Donovan George return to the ring postponed to April 18
- GLORY 14 ZAGREB & ZAGREB SUPERFIGHT SERIES WEIGH-IN RESULTS
- WBC News
- Weights for “Horseshoe Presents: Fight Night at the Belvedere” 3.7.14
- RICKY HATTON UP AGAINST HARRY REDKNAPP AND ALEX FERGUSON
- GB Boxing names 10 seeded boxers to compete in England Boxing’s National Senior Elite Finals
Saul Roman – It’s Now or Never Against Curtis Stevens 8/3 NBCSN
UNCASVILLE, CT – Mexican ring veteran Saul Roman has been in the boxing business for a long time. The grizzled pro they call “La Fiera”, the “Wild Beast”, began boxing thirteen years ago, and has compiled a proven record of 37-9, with 31 KOs. Roman has fought everyone, and pretty much seen it all in the sport. Although he’s gotten close, Saul has yet to earn a shot at a world title. However, on August 3rd, he gets his chance to change all that. The timing couldn’t be better because for Saul Roman it’s now or never.
In perhaps his final opportunity to make an impression on the boxing world, Roman faces rising middleweight star Curtis “Showtime” Stevens, 24-3, 17 KOs, in the nationally televised main event on NBC Sports Network’s Fight Night boxing series. The scheduled 10-rounder is the key bout on a big tripleheader which also features cruiserweights Eddie Chambers and Thabiso Mchunu, and heavyweights Tomasz Adamek and Tony Grano, in separate 10-round fights from the Mohegan Sun Casino in Uncasville, CT. The broadcast begins at 10:30 PM.
Born in Culiacan, Mexico, the same city that produced legend Julio Cesar Chavez, Saul Roman has battled top talent like Sergio Martinez, Vanes Martirosyan, Gabriel Rosado, Yuri Foreman, Kassim Ouma, Jesus Soto Karass, and was the first to defeat Marco Antonio Rubio.
The seasoned 33 year old now sets his sights on Curtis Stevens, one of the most promising young guns in the sport. A win over the power-punching New Yorker could vault Roman into the mix of the suddenly star-studded 160-pound division, and finally bring him the opportunity he’s been chasing all these years.
With dangerous power of his own, and a seasoned toughness that Stevens has never quite experienced before, Roman has what it takes to give Curtis the fight of his life. The Mexican knows that he must win to stay relevant, and that failure to do so means he may never get this close again.
In other words, Roman’s back is against the wall.
With his future at stake on August 3rd, “The Wild Beast” is ready to fight like a caged animal, which makes this experienced Mexican a very real and dangerous foe for the promising Stevens.
On August 3rd, it’s now or never. And “La Fiera” is on the prowl.
FIGHT INFO: August 3rd “Three To See” card at Mohegan Sun, Uncasville, CT. In the main event Curtis Stevens and Saul Roman will clash for 10-rounds in a middleweight war. Also co-featured will be a 10-round cruiserweight battle between Eddie Chambers and Thabiso Mchunu. Heavyweight, Tomasz “Goral” Adamek will take on Tony Grano, Hartford, CT, 20-3-1, 16 KO’s, for 10-rounds.
NBC Sports Network Fight Night will telecast the August 3rd show beginning 10:30PM EDT.
Tickets are priced at $120 and $35 plus facility fees and can be purchased by calling Mohegan Sun Box office 860-862-8499 or through Ticketmaster. For ADA accessible sales, call Mohegan Sun Box Office at 860-862-8499.
- Disappointment For Marston, Prince Reigns Supreme, Sensational Ozgul Bros roll on
- Hardy & Paddock Claim Titles in Bumper Night of Boxing Action
- Acourtier ‘Warzone’ Event Review
- Thompson Boxing Promotions “New Blood” Results: Carlson Wins WBC Latino 118 lb. Title
- DeGale defeats Khatchikian in a surprisingly competitive fight
- Chavez Jr. decisions Vera II; Salido beats Lomachenko
- Full Fight Video: Abraham Beats Stieglitz, first defense scheduled for May 31st
- Deontay Wilder vs. Malik Scott: The road to the heavyweight title
- Ricardo Alvarez vs. Sergio Thompson Elevated To Saturday’s SHOWTIME PPV Telecast
- Underdog Angulo to use incarceration to inspire victory over Canelo as trainer Hunter predicts a ‘savage affair’ ahead of clash live on BoxNation
- Stiverne vs. Arreola: Finally a change in the heavyweight scene!
- Hunter confident Khan will get Mayweather fight in the near future
- Hopkins vs. Shumenov on April 19th on Showtime at DC Armory in Washington, D.C
- “TOE TO TOE: CANELO VS. ANGULO” FINAL PRESS CONFERENCE QUOTES