Scott Quigg hosts boxing workshop
SCOTT QUIGG says he is buzzing with anticipation ahead of hosting his first ever boxing workshop at Hatton Health and Fitness tomorrow (Saturday March 2).
The undefeated Bury star, 24, will demonstrate his skills and pass on his knowledge to a class of eager keep fitters for three hours from noon.
Quigg is an ardent student of the game, but this will be the first time he has taken an official teaching role.
Places for the workshop went on sale just a couple of weeks ago and the response from the public has been little short of phenomenal.
“I’m overwhelmed by the number of people who want to come and learn a few tips from me,” Scott said.
“It’s great that I can help so many all in one day.
“I’m hoping to show people how they can use boxing as a way to live a happy and healthy lifestyle, but the main thing is that have some fun.
“Some people will probably be a bit nervous because they might not have been in a boxing gym before, but I’m sure I’ll soon have them at ease.
“I’ve said before, if hosting days like this can help get people into boxing fitness then that can only be a good thing for the sport.”
On completion of the workshop, those taking part will receive a signed a photograph.
If you missed out this time then do not worry. Martin Murray is taking time out from his schedule to host another Hatton Academy workshop on Saturday March 30.
Martin is currently preparing for the biggest fight of his life – a world middleweight title clash with Sergio Martinez in Argentina on April 27.
Places are priced at £60+VAT and further information can be obtained by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, by calling 01253 392802 or by logging onto www.hattonacademy.com/workshops
- OSCAR DE LA HOYA ELECTED TO THE INTERNATIONAL BOXING HALL OF FAME
- Adrien Broner and Marcos Maidana media conference call MEDIA
- Three R&R Promotions fighters collect WBC USA titles over the weekend
- Josesito Lopez quotes
- Manny Pacquiao Is Back On April 12, At The MGM Grand, Las Vegas
- Bob Arum: “We’re Willing To Make Anything Happen”
- De La Hoya, Trinidad and Calzaghe all headed into The Hall of Fame – all three greats fully deserving of the honour
- Australian Boxing: Zac Dunn Stops Marlon Alta in Five
- Jeff Lacy Returns With Third Round Stoppage
- Travis Kauffman dismantles Barnett in the first round
- Nothing Spoiled in Quebec: Stevenson and Kovalev are Victorious
- Adonis Stevenson – Fighter Of The Year for 2013?
- Gaelle Amand And Nikki Adler Victorious In WBF World Title Fights
- Stevenson obliterates Bellew; Kovalev crushes Sillakh